• The KillerFrogs

Zach Line is impressive

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Who knew we were incapable of defending the draw play?

Really frustrating ...of course we did stuff it a few times, but the times we didn't ...

It was easy to read. LeapFrog picked up on it early. If it was a draw, Line would stay back with Padron. If it wasn't he took off and vacated the backfield at the snap.

Sure enough, it was that way all night. All the D had to do was see it. I need to watch my recording so I can see where our LBs were on some of those plays. Yeeesh.

Line is a load, for sure. Radio said he's 6-1, 235.

I watched Gerhart in person for 4 years. All he did the first 3 years (with an injury plagued year thrown in) is the exact same thing Line did last night. Delayed draws up the middle.

I wasn't comparing Line last night to Gerhart his senior year. I was saying if Line keeps this up, he could be Gerhart-like. In other words, a stocky full back build with running back speed. Say what you want about our defense, but the guy is quick off the hand-off and had good open field moves.

FROGDADDY

We were split wide which gave the openings he needed. That coupled with not preparing and sloppy tackling explains his numbers. If there's one thing I'm not concerned with it's Gary's ability to resolve that issue going forward.

Sure we could have defended it better, but IMO that's a play GP was willing to concede to them to some extent in order to shut down the passing game. And make no mistake the passing game was shut completely down. Aside from one great catch by Johnson and a tipped ball for a TD they did nothing. NOTHING. Padron was confused and their WR's couldn't get open. When we want to shut something down, we shut it down, and that's what we did. We weren't gonna lose that game because we had trouble stopping the draw.

bbell

Sure we could have defended it better, but IMO that's a play GP was willing to concede to them to some extent in order to shut down the passing game. And make no mistake the passing game was shut completely down. Aside from one great catch by Johnson and a tipped ball for a TD they did nothing. NOTHING. Padron was confused and their WR's couldn't get open. When we want to shut something down, we shut it down, and that's what we did. We weren't gonna lose that game because we had trouble stopping the draw.

Why would we have to "concede" anything? The linebackers failed to do their job on most of those draws. They got caught up in the lineman crowd and couldn't get around to stuff Line.
It's really weird how we don't do hardly any blitzing anymore with GP. Definitely been more of a bend but don't break mentality on D it seems. Hope to see more sacks in the future. Padron was able to hold on to that ball in the pocket for a long time.

Trelvis

He is a good player dont get em wrong, but I think our defense made him look a little better than he actually is. Its not like he is fast and has moves, he is just a big Mike Allstot type back. Think their o-line gets just as much credit for this performance as he does.