• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen QB from Temple TX

yurintroubl

Twitter updates:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Jeremy Clark ‏@JClarkHFB[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]#TCU offered Temple, TX QB Zach Allen on Wednesday night, he visited on Friday and decided to make the switch that night.#HornedFrogs[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Temple HS football coach Mike Spradlin just told me @ZachAllen_12has changed his mind and he will attend TCU, a switch from Syracuse.[/background]

How about that!! Nice pickup for the Frogs!

Welcome to TCU Mr. Allen!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Looks like a great kid and probably a great teammate but Geeezus that's a horrid offer list
He has. One of the worst I have ever seen for any Tcu player. Anyone know why? And please don't use the totally lame " because Tcu was on him all the big boys backed off".

Zack Allen offer list:
EAST ILLINOIS COLLEGE
NORTH TEXAS U
NEW MEXICO ST
TEXAS STATE COLLEGE
SAN ANTONIO (UT) UNIV
RICE
SYRACUSE

Yikes!

I don't know if it's the first post, all CAPS, or the "Tcu" that gave you away.

West Coast Johnny

Looks like a great kid and probably a great teammate but Geeezus that's a horrid offer list
He has. One of the worst I have ever seen for any Tcu player. Anyone know why? And please don't use the totally lame " because Tcu was on him all the big boys backed off".

Zack Allen offer list:
EAST ILLINOIS COLLEGE
NORTH TEXAS U
NEW MEXICO ST
TEXAS STATE COLLEGE
SAN ANTONIO (UT) UNIV
RICE
SYRACUSE

Yikes!
nice try dewsh. Offers from Kansas State, Clemson, Oklahoma State, and more.

PepperFrog

You do know that Clem offered him as a DB right? I mean you wouldn't be so foolish as to post off the cuff info with no real knowledge right? You would never do that ! (aren't u the same guy who posted that GP was going to KSU a few yrs back).

Some folks never learn even when yor pants get pulled down !

Oh....,and by the way......OSU told him his offer there was "conditional" meaning it isn't firmed up til later (and might get pulled like the many A&M decommits we are seeing) which also means they see him as a backup

nice try dewsh. Offers from Kansas State, Clemson, Oklahoma State, and more.

SuperToad

You do know that Clem offered him as a DB right? I mean you wouldn't be so foolish as to post off the cuff info with no real knowledge right? You would never do that ! (aren't u the same guy who posted that GP was going to KSU a few yrs back).

Oh....,and by the way......OSU told him his offer there was "conditional" meaning it isn't firmed up til later (and might get pulled like the many A&M decommits we are seeing) which also means they see him as a backup

LOL

bscttyb

Where do you get your info from? You never have any legitimate sources. See ya!

frog-hat

Clemson offered as QB. KState as QB. OKState I dont know but I bet as QB

My Buddy Steve

Wise choice Zach. Now you get to play in a real football stadium and not a cheap basketball arena.
Sorry that a sorry fanbase from a weak football conference couldn't have a little class when you made the decision.

West Coast Johnny

Bwahahahaha! Stupid.

Good pickup, but did we really need a QB in this group with needs in other areas or did Boyce's decision to go pro free up a scholly?

I'm going to say yes. It was not the hightest need and certainly we should be in good shape for 2013 so long as Pachall stays healthy. Matthews has the credentials and all but we haven't seen him play. Assuming he's as good as advertised, he's still one play away from visiting a surgeon. Then what? Maybe TB improves, maybe not. But, regardless of whether that happens, if this guy can play, that would give us insurance of capable QB play from the starter and backup for the next 4 years. Pretty nice.

My Buddy Steve

Good pickup, but did we really need a QB in this group with needs in other areas or did Boyce's decision to go pro free up a scholly?
Absolutely. After his redshirt year , if he is the best he will be playing. That how it works around here. Brown was a miss at qb which saved TB.

He knows he has a shot. We don't know if Matthews is good yet.

IamFroglash88

I'm going to say yes. It was not the hightest need and certainly we should be in good shape for 2013 so long as Pachall stays healthy. Matthews has the credentials and all but we haven't seen him play. Assuming he's as good as advertised, he's still one play away from visiting a surgeon. Then what? Maybe TB improves, maybe not. But, regardless of whether that happens, if this guy can play, that would give us insurance of capable QB play from the starter and backup for the next 4 years. Pretty nice.
Prediction:
TB starts next year. At least the first game or two. CP4 comes off the bench until he earns the starting spot back. Both QBs play with some Wild Frog action from Boykin.

GoFrogs21

If we were playing an FCS school to start the season I'd have no problem letting Boykin start the first game with CP4 getting some reps. LSU though? I don't know...

My Buddy Steve

Prediction:
TB starts next year. At least the first game or two. CP4 comes off the bench until he earns the starting spot back. Both QBs play with some Wild Frog action from Boykin.
I think he's earned it plenty. He's shown leadership by taking responsibility and accepting punishment. His play on the field is hands down the best we have, hopefully his maturity equals his skill now.