• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen QB from Temple TX

rifram09

I've heard rumblings on this board about the coaching staff not being overly impressed with Mathews' development. Might Allen's recruitment be a sign that they feel they need another direction after next year, or is there nothing to read into here?

Planks

If we were playing an FCS school to start the season I'd have no problem letting Boykin start the first game with CP4 getting some reps. LSU though? I don't know...

This. Watching the zone-read offense against LSU's defense would be incredibly painful.

10 Key Frog

IMO we needed a QB in this class.

Yup this year more than anything showed why you need 3 capable QBs. Brown obviously wasn't viewed as a capable QB by Patterson. TB was pretty banged up some late games this year including bowl game and Patterson still viewed a banged up TB a better chance than Brown. If you have a better option to go with you could have replaced TB in second half of bowl game when it was obvious his injury zapped all mobility.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I've heard rumblings on this board about the coaching staff not being overly impressed with Mathews' development. Might Allen's recruitment be a sign that they feel they need another direction after next year, or is there nothing to read into here?

Matthews has looked sharp and the entire scout team has looked very good. QB depth is an issue in the future with really just Matthews & Boykin after 2013.

Sometimes schools miss on out on a really good player! All you have to do is remember what that kid did to the Packers yesterday, in the NFL Playoffs. I believe he received only one big school offer! Also, with out him TCU never goes to the Rose Bowl. So I feel we should trust CGP and his staff to make the right call on this kid. My thoughts!

tcumaniac

Sometimes schools miss on out on a really good player! All you have to do is remember what that kid did to the Packers yesterday, in the NFL Playoffs. I believe he received only one big school offer! Also, with out him TCU never goes to the Rose Bowl. So I feel we should trust CGP and his staff to make the right call on this kid. My thoughts!

wait... who are you talking about?

Prediction:
TB starts next year. At least the first game or two. CP4 comes off the bench until he earns the starting spot back. Both QBs play with some Wild Frog action from Boykin.

If CP is the best player then, in my mind, he will have earned the position to start. Having not seen anything that would suggest to me that the telent level between the two is even remotely close, I can only assume that your prediction is predicated upon something else. In any event, the offense was terrible this past season and I doubt, starting with LSU, the coaches are going to be in too much of a mood to jack around with the most important single position on the field in the manner you describe.

Originalteabag

Our recruiting is stuck in the Mountain West.

Devonte Fields, Ladarius Brown, Brandon Carter, Jason Verrett, Chuck Hunter and a host of others would disagree with you. I think you might be trying to flatter yourself when the reality is that TCU fans are now happy to be getting A$M leftovers, Echols-Lupe. TCU used to beat out A$M for recruits when they were in the MWC or have you forgotten?

SnoopFrogs11

We will never got every 4 star player out there. I feel as if GP still stick the the same philosophy that he always had of going after his guys and helping 2 or 3 stars become 4 to 5 stars. I do think we will get more 4 stars at the close of this signing class.