• The KillerFrogs

Your Win Has No Integrity

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Just got in from John Wayne Airport. Stuck on the tarmac, waiting for a plane to clear our arrival gate. I HATE THAT!

But it's good to be home! Did you hear? The Little Sisters of the Poor knocked off the Bullies of the Big 10!

Shadow Dweller

Ya know, if you want to win and you're truly better, that's great for you. However, winning like THAT is so unsportsmanlike. Real Texans win because they are truly better and are confident enough to take the chance to win it right because they are better, not because they run the clock.

It makes sense logically to run the clock, but the integrity of the win is slightly tarnished in the process. I just feel it would mean more if it was earned, not defaulted.
Yeah... I know he's a troll. But still, sorta fun to poke at his argument.

Wisconsin "ran the clock" all game with their running drives, holding the clock for 36:35 to our 23:25. Their scoring drives took 4:21, 3:01, 7:04 & 5:32, 19:58 of the game. Ours took 4:24, 2:38 & 3:04...or 10:06. add in the missed FG drive (7:02) and that's 27:00, literally HALF the game on 5 drives. Wiscy literally ran the clock all game long.

Finally, name ONE team in the FBS that doesn't run the clock out in a situation like ours that doesn't get accused of trying to run up the score?

Stiff Arm Frog

My group had Dairy Queen somewhere outside of El Paso. After two days in the car we just wanted something quick so we could get back to Fort Worth.

But we passed the Tailgate Command Unit! AND we had great conversations with everyone we met, including a burnt-orange wearing family at our breakfast at La Quinta.

nick

Why? Because my opinion is different? I just prefer good, honest football. I've been watching football my whole life, I know what I'm talking about.
You are such a football genius did you happen to notice how long it took wisconsin to get their plays off the whole game. They ran the play clock below 10 seconds most of the time just like at the end of the first half. Wisconsin shortened the game and now your are whinning about TCU. Either you were too blind to pay attention or too stupid to understand what you were looking at. Oh and by the way the W. coach shook hands with Patterson but the W players did not shake hands with our team. I guess you will all just sulk back to Wisconsin and freeze your behinds off for the rest of the winter.

Latest posts