• The KillerFrogs

Your Way Too Early predictions on the 2012 Big 12

InterestedObserver

I can see all this...so, which of the three 7-2 teams gets the highest BCS ranking (tiebreaker). If we beat OU early, and have UVa on our OOC, will that be enough for the pollsters and computers? Do we root for SMoo to win its bowl? Once again those cake eater's ineptitutde can block us from the BCS...arghh!

Silly question. The winner of the Texas-OU game gets the tie-breaker. Unless Texas gets beat in November, then it goes to OU.

Welcome to the Big 12.

Houston Frog

If someone could tell me how good our defense is going to be next year, that would really help with my prediction. My not-confident-at-all guess would be....

OU
TCU
WVU
KSU
Texas
ISU
Tech
Baylor
Kansas

Seriously, I could see the Big XII turning out any number of completely different ways, and it wouldn't surprise me

Kaiser

K-State
Oklahoma
West Virginia
TCU
Oklahoma State
Texas
Baylor
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Kansas

I think we go 6-3 in conference & 3-0 ooc for a 9-3 record. I like our 2013 chances better than our 2012 chances. I just don't fully trust our pass defense against the B12 yet.

geefrogs

If someone could tell me how good our defense is going to be next year, that would really help with my prediction. My not-confident-at-all guess would be....

OU
TCU
WVU
KSU
Texas
ISU
Tech
Baylor
Kansas

Seriously, I could see the Big XII turning out any number of completely different ways, and it wouldn't surprise me

where are the Pokes?

PhillyFrog

1. K-State. Because Snyder has one bull left in his rodeo.

2. Frogs. Ya know, the unfamiliarity things works both ways. CF our first year in MWC.

3. Texas. Defense is probably top-5 in the country. Offense may be bottom-5. We've whipped Harsin before, too.

4. Iowa State. That coach is no fluke.

5. Oklahoma. Boomers get caught up in the gay marriage controversy.

6. Don't care.

7. Et Cetera.

CountryFrog

1) TCU - I am slightly biased but I really think the Frogs get it done. There will be a loss somewhere though, probably at WVU or at TU.

2) Oklahoma - They're tough to predict because they have a ton of talent but have underacheived recently.

3) West Virginia - Offense looks scary good, defense is a little shaky. This will be the Frogs toughest road game.

4) Texas - The defense is one of the nation's best. Offensively they look like UNLV.

5) Kansas St. - They don't have the talent of any of the first four teams but I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish top two with one of the top coaches in college football.

6) Oklahoma St. - A bit of a transition year for them losing a lot of talent but still a very dangerous team.

7) Baylor - Without Griffin, Wright, and Gannaway putting them 7th may be giving them too much credit.

8) Iowa St. - Not very talented but well coached and they play very hard.

9) Texas Tech - Defensively they're atrocious and offensively they're slightly better than atrocious.

10) Kansas - Charlie Weis will be fired in three years. This is a really bad program right now.

okie1

Fair enough... OU had several tough injuries in the second half of the year that definitely played a part in Landry's slump...

But anyone who puts these stats up over 2 3/4 seasons has to make you slightly nervous:

Comp ATT YDS Comp% TD's Int Rat
1,021 1,628 12, 379 62.7 93 41 140.3

Welcome to the conference! It will be a lot of fun with the addition of TCU and West Virginia!

Frog89

K-State
Oklahoma
West Virginia
TCU
Oklahoma State
Texas
Baylor
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Kansas

I think we go 6-3 in conference & 3-0 ooc for a 9-3 record. I like our 2013 chances better than our 2012 chances. I just don't fully trust our pass defense against the B12 yet.

Don't know enough about the other teams and who they bring back, but the above post is probably as close to what I'd come with as any. I think TCU will end up with either 2 or 3 losses, all conference. Even CGP said it may take some adjusting to get used to a deeper conference schedule. Only thing I'd change is I'd probably put Texas where OU is and visa versa.

Ballard

I think we end up 9-3 with a couple losses that shouldn't happen (a la Baylor/SMU from this year). 2013 is the year that I've got National Title dreams. The silver lining? 9-3 will be good enough for the Cotton/Alamo/Insight bowl (as long as we're #2-4 in the conference and there isn't a second BCS team). I will gladly attend any of those games.

MidlandFrog

I have no idea how they finish, but Im with others who think think this conference will beat up on each other.We get decent secondary play and another edge rusher emerges 10-2 We play D like this year 8-4
I think we have a chance to win the conference, but we will need a few breaks.Baylor 6-6, you don't lose RG3, Wright, Ganaway, and 3 OL and Repeat your greatest season everIowa state 7-5OU 11-1UT 8-4OSU 8-4, too many losses on O, but will have a stable of great backsTexas Tech 7-5KSU 9-3WVU 9-3Kansas 2-10

The Irish Frog

1. West VA 8-1
2. Oklahoma 8-1
3. TCU 7-2
4. Texas 7-2
5. Okla State 6-3
6. Kansas St 5-4
7. Texas Tech 3-6
8. Iowa State 2-7
9. Kansas 2-7
10. Baylor 1-8

Pretty much everyone on West VA is coming back.
OU is always good stuff.
TCU will do just fine in the 1st big year.
Texas is young but getting better.
Oklahoma st will miss there QB and WR to the NFL.
With RGIII gone Baylor will be back to it's old self.

Latest posts