• The KillerFrogs

Your Way Too Early predictions on the 2012 Big 12

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Without knowing the entire returning casts for some of the teams right now its is definitely too early, but give us your best shot. My guess:

1. TCU - Oh yes, the purple shades are on. Key loses are Carder, Cuba, McCoy & Dooley. Young WRs made an impact last season and return the best QB and RB group in the conference. Solid DL should help mitigate loss of Carder and good young DBs should benefit from the return of Glasgow.
2. West Virginia - Explosive offense and returns most of the key players. Defense loses some key players such as Irvin but lots of rotation gave younger players experience.
3. Kansas State - Magic man may surprise again, but losing 3 OL and 9 starters will make life a little tougher.
4. Oklahoma - assuming new QB and little support at WR or RB. Bell can only run so many keepers. Finch looked good at times but not sure how big of a load he can carry. Some good young receivers.
5. Texas - already turning the QB position over to an unsigned JUCO. D will keep them in the games, but O will struggle.
6. Okie St - Gundy asking for continued support so already preparing the masses for a down season.
7. Baylor- Expect RGIII is gone, but even if he returns they lose too much on offense though Seastrunk will be eligible.
8. Texas Tech-too much turnover in coaches and players without much investment in the D.
9. Iowa State- some good young QBs and showed surprisingly well at times, but not sustaining improvement.
10. Kansas-just a said state right now for their program. Even with the transfer QBs Weis dealing with little.

tcuseagull

TCU - not undefeated though.
OU - we beat them at home.
UT - defense and running backs carry the team.
KSU
WVU - big wins but some losses due to inconsistency.
OSU
Tech
Baylor
ISU
KU

NateTCU

1-Oklahoma 7-2
1-Texas 7-2
1-Texas Christian 7-2
4-West Virginia 6-3
5-K-State 6-3
6-Ok-State 4-5
7-Baylor 3-6
8-Texas Tech 3-6
9-Kansas 1-8
10-Iowa State 1-8

rosebowlfrog

I think we are going to go 11-1 and lose a random road game ala San Jose State in 2000 or Southern Miss in 2003. Probably West Virginia or Oklahoma State.

geefrogs

I want to see how KState does against Arkansas first, but Bill Snyder can coach his [Craig James] off. They will be a threat.

AggieFrog

Not sure of the actual records - but I see 3 tiers:

Oklahoma
Texas Christian

West Virginia
K-State
Texas
Ok-State
Texas Tech

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
1-Oklahoma 7-2
1-Texas 7-2
1-Texas Christian 7-2
4-West Virginia 6-3
5-K-State 6-3
6-Ok-State 4-5
7-Baylor 3-6
8-Texas Tech 3-6
9-Kansas 1-8
10-Iowa State 1-8

I can see all this...so, which of the three 7-2 teams gets the highest BCS ranking (tiebreaker). If we beat OU early, and have UVa on our OOC, will that be enough for the pollsters and computers? Do we root for SMoo to win its bowl? Once again those cake eater's ineptitutde can block us from the BCS...arghh!

InterestedObserver

1-Oklahoma 7-2
1-Texas 7-2
1-Texas Christian 7-2
4-West Virginia 6-3
5-K-State 6-3
6-Ok-State 4-5
7-Baylor 3-6
8-Texas Tech 3-6
9-Kansas 1-8
10-Iowa State 1-8

I believe the conference winner will have at least 2 losses as well.

It will be an interesting year with two new teams and two teams gone. I think parity will rule.

Frogs will have to massively improve the pass defense to have 2 losses.

Latest posts