• The KillerFrogs

Your Opinion of Boschini's actions

How do you feel Boschini's statements to the Big East?

• Total voters

Pharm Frog

I don't claim to be pious. I also don't have Christian in my name.

My point was that a Machiavellian approach is not consistent with my interpretation of Christianity. I am trying to think how far Christianity would have to be stretched to include Machiavelli's point of view. I think most reasonable people would agree that their philosophies are contradictory.

Let's remember that you are the one to introduce Christianity into this conversation. I merely introduced quotations from The Prince which some would argue (although perhaps not Christian philosphers or ethicists) is a viable ethical approach to leadership conduct. Meanwhile you have made it clear it is not a "Christian" issue with you as you express concern over the ethical behavior of administrators who are demonstrably not from schools with "Christian" in their names (Pitt and Mizzou for example). From this I can only suppose that you now hold us to a higher ethical standard than other schools. Actually, I'm okay with that and I still have not seen any evidence that our representative's behavior is violative of your standards of integrity.

And I am sorry that you don't have "Christian" in your name but that is a story for another board.

Kaiser

I'm Catholic. Sin now. Pray for forgiveness later.

My point was that a Machiavellian approach is not consistent with my interpretation of Christianity. I am trying to think how far Christianity would have to be stretched to include Machiavelli's point of view. I think most reasonable people would agree that their philosophies are contradictory.

HFrog1999

I'm sure that your piety exceeds that of most others. What size stone would you prefer?

lifeofbrianallstar5468.jpg

geno

You sir, or madam, as the case may be, have descended into utter lunacy in the effort to denigrate TCU. Can't help but note that you have not, and probably will not, mentioned the several NCAA violations in ethics that BSU has just been found guilty of. Selective, aren't you?

BSUFAN9999

Did BSUFAN vote twice for the last option ?

I didn't vote....

So we can neither agree that ...

1) In theory, Christian and Machiavellian philosophies are inconsistent.

2) The person leading a Christian university should not act with Machiavellian strategies.

That is pretty disappointing. I thought more of TCU alums/fans...

I am out of here.

HFrog1999

I didn't vote....

So we can neither agree that ...

1) In theory, Christian and Machiavellian philosophies are inconsistent.

2) The person leading a Christian university should not act with Machiavellian strategies.

That is pretty disappointing. I thought more of TCU alums/fans...

I am out of here.
Don't let the firewall hit you on the way out! Jackwagon!