• The KillerFrogs

Your go-to tailgate whiskey?

Deep Purple

TxFrog1999 said:
Did you like the bottle he gave you? My father hates peat, calls it manure in a glass, so any heated whiskies I buy are all mine.

I did like it.  Could never afford to drink it regularly, though, because the imported version that's available here is so expensive.

I went to 4 or 5 liquors stores ("off-license stores" they call them) in Dublin, Belfast, and Donegal thinking I'd buy a bottle cheap, and bring it home.  Everybody had heard of it, but nobody carried it.  Apparently all Ardbeg is distilled for export.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Ron Swanson said:
Cucumber Lime Gatorade is a real thing and it's delicious. Great mixer for summer day drinking... refreshing and keeps you hydrated
You say that but I have trouble believing it. The facts of this story concerning cucumber Gatorade have not fully come to light. I am not going to pass judgment on this Gatorade until a full investigation of this flavor is completed and you can't convince me otherwise.

TX and the famous originals .... Originals are the famous secret vodka drink of the GOFCAW tailgate.... And we are switching from titios to lone star vodka. For brews Shiner Bock and Firemans 4...we do it right.....GO FROGS

The Colonel

Start off with two tito's/sodas then onto about 8 miller lites with a shot or two of fireball mixed in. No more sipping the brown water...Have embarrassed myself with mindless banter too many times.

However, I'm with Sauce - All rules are off come 11/27.

Horny 4 Life

Deep Purple said:

I did like it.  Could never afford to drink it regularly, though, because the imported version that's available here is so expensive.

I went to 4 or 5 liquors stores ("off-license stores" they call them) in Dublin, Belfast, and Donegal thinking I'd buy a bottle cheap, and bring it home.  Everybody had heard of it, but nobody carried it.  Apparently all Ardbeg is distilled for export.
Duid you go to Celtic Whiskey Shop while in Dublin? Great little store and they have just about everything. Got a nice setup with them to ship me stuff I can't get over here.

Deep Purple

Horned Eagle said:
Duid you go to Celtic Whiskey Shop while in Dublin? Great little store and they have just about everything. Got a nice setup with them to boat me stuff I can't get over here.

No, but I looked up their website.  They carry Ardbeg all right, but its just as expensive in Dublin as in the Fort Worth.  Which would make sense, if you think about it.  Scottish whisky sold in Ireland is just as much an export product as Scottish whisky sold in the States.

I was hoping to find Ardbeg in Belfast, where you don't have all the export/import duties tacked on because Northern Ireland, like Scotland, is part of the UK.  No luck.

Ardbeg Scotch isn't at all difficult to find in the US.  Most volume liquor stores carry it (King's, Goody Goody, Specs).  It's just that you have to pay about $65-$90 a bottle for it (depending on how aged).

cheese83

Capt John Mason SAS said:

pzEGC.gif

As in switching between either a JD & Diet or Titos/Club Soda, poor wording on my part.