TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
In Gary We Trust said:
Pappy 23 and sprite.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Deep Purple said:

Deep Jr is a big fan of Ardbeg.  He gave me a bottle for my birthday and then "helped" me drink it.

A few weeks ago Mrs Deep and I were in Ireland and we tried to book a ferry out of Ballycastle to the Scottish isles of Islay, where there are eight distilleries, some of them among the oldest in Europe.  We'd planned to buy Deep Jr a bottle of Ardbeg straight from the distillery.  Alas, we were one day too late for the tour.

We did tour the old Jameson distillery in Midleton near Cork.  Got a rather pointed and fastidious lecture about the difference between Irish and Scotch whisky.

"In Ireland, we use peat to fire the still.  We don't put it right into the whisky!"

Did you like the bottle he gave you? My father hates peat, calls it manure in a glass, so any heated whiskies I buy are all mine.

Horny 4 Life

Limp Lizard said:
WL Weller 12 at Total Wine on Hulen is $19.99 regularly.

Highland Park 18 is great, but too pricey for me.
$19.99 is a common price point for Weller Special Reserve, but I've never seen the 12 year below $29.99. Next time I'm in town I'll be stopping by Total Wine.

Obvious Troll

WAIT A SECOND HERE....

Isn't the use of alcohol, coffee and tobacco strictly against the student honor code?
Have I been trolling the wrong site for the past 5 years?

Limp Lizard

Horned Eagle said:
$19.99 is a common price point for Weller Special Reserve, but I've never seen the 12 year below $29.99. Next time I'm in town I'll be stopping by Total Wine.
Total Wine is usually at least 25% lower than at other liquor stores for spirits. For instance, 750 mL of Patron Silver 36.95, I haven't seen it for under 45.00  elsewhere.  

And they have a beer section that will blow your mind if you are a beer aficionado.

I have no personal or business ties to TW, just like to shop there.  Unfortunately I live in far north FW.

traderfrog

I love Total Wine. They have an awesome whiskey selection. They also offer scotch in 200mL / 375mL sizes if you dont want to buy the whole bottle before tasting.

The other week one of the guys told me they had Dogfish 120 Minute IPA too (one per person), that was a big score.

GlendarrochFrog

To answer the many comments am which are putting the brown water in a negative light. I will let you in on a tailgating regiment that had done me solid over the years. The key is diversity. We start our tailgates the night before and tailgate all day regardless of the start time. That being said, it is a marathon and not a sprint. Here is how you do it.

First of all, make sure you have a full stomach (preferably something right off a smoker). Second of all, there is a three drink process.

Drink 1 - whiskey
Drink 2 - beer
Drink 3 - water or Gatorade
Repeat steps above.

As long as you stick to that at a reasonable pace, you can put down a lot of bourbon and beer and still be able to enjoy the game (and remember it). No deviation from above and under no circumstance can you take shots.

Ron Swanson

Peacefrog said:
Did you forget a comma or is there really cucumber lime Gatorade? If so, I think the world may be ending.
Cucumber Lime Gatorade is a real thing and it's delicious. Great mixer for summer day drinking... refreshing and keeps you hydrated

Ron Swanson

Road Trip Frog said:
To answer the many comments am which are putting the brown water in a negative light. I will let you in on a tailgating regiment that had done me solid over the years. The key is diversity. We start our tailgates the night before and tailgate all day regardless of the start time. That being said, it is a marathon and not a sprint. Here is how you do it.

First of all, make sure you have a full stomach (preferably something right off a smoker). Second of all, there is a three drink process.

Drink 1 - whiskey
Drink 2 - beer
Drink 3 - water or Gatorade
Repeat steps above.

As long as you stick to that at a reasonable pace, you can put down a lot of bourbon and beer and still be able to enjoy the game (and remember it). No deviation from above and under no circumstance can you take shots.
Yeah, I do a lot of marathon drinking sessions, and I've really learned the importance of mixing in a bunch of waters. It makes a huge difference... you can last longer into the night, and the next day you feel like $3 instead of 10 cents

cheese83

Buncha high falutin guys in here. I love high end scotch or craft bourbon but that's not what I'm looking to tailgate with in 95 degree heat. Jack & Diet mixed with Titos/soda.

But I try to stick with coors light up until right before kickoff.

cheese83 said:
Buncha high falutin guys in here. I love high end scotch or craft bourbon but that's not what I'm looking to tailgate with in 95 degree heat. Jack & Diet mixed with Titos/soda.

But I try to stick with coors light up until right before kickoff.

pzEGC.gif