• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo: Fields named by PD as a suspect in domestic disturbance call

FrogFrog

Jake102 said:
TCU defensive end Devonte Fields is under investigation by police after his ex-girlfriend accused him of pointing a gun at her, threatening I should blast you! then punching her in the head at a Fort Worth home Sunday.

Fields had allegedly left the scene before officers arrival, according to a Fort Worth police report.

Devonte Fields has been listed as a suspect on a domestic disturbance in Fort Worth, confirmed Sgt. Raymond Bush, a police spokesman. He has not been arrested.

Fields, who only played three games last year because of injury, has been selected as the preseason defensive MVP of the Big 12. He is also on the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which is presented annually to the nation's top defensive player, and the Walter Camp Award, presented to the nation's best overall player.

Police had been called to a domestic disturbance about 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the 2700 block of Lubbock Avenue in Fort Worth.

There, 20-year-old Haley Brown told officers that Fields had apparently been standing outside the bedroom window listening to her talk to a mutual male friend. Brown told police Fields then punched out the window of their friends bedroom from the outside and began yelling at her.

Haley stated that she thought Devonte was holding a gun in one of his hands and stated that he pointed it at her, the report states.

I should blast you! he yelled at Haley, according to the report.

The report states Fields then came to the homes front door and was let inside by their mutual friends roommate.

Haley stated that Devonte continued to yell at her and punched her in the face one time with a closed fist, the report states

Officers observed Haleys right cheek to be swollen with a small cut her eye. She refused to be taken to the hospital for further evaluation and told officers she did not want to pursue charges against Fields.

Police, however, told her that a report and family violence packet must be completed.
Haley told police she had dated Fields, a former standout player at Arlington Martin High School, for two years but that the couple had broken up on June 1.

In January, Fields had reported to Fort Worth police that he was robbed and beaten in a struggle involving gunfire outside him residence in the 3200 block of South University Drive.

One of the robbers reportedly had a semiautomatic handgun, and officers later collected five spent .40-caliber shell casings from the front yard.

Fields however later told police that he did not want officers to look inside his residence and that he did not want to press charges, according to a police report.

tombstone-well-bye.gif

jake102

Go ahead and drop our projected win/loss record by one win, Bob.

Let's keep this offseason rolling. This is where we shine...graduation rate lookin good.

SnoSki

GP has to set a good example and send him packing. Just because Kliff Kingberry sees no problem reinstating a woman beater doesn't mean that we should.

Boomhauer

Jake102 said:
Go ahead and drop our projected win/loss record by one win, Bob.

Let's keep this offseason rolling. This is where we shine...graduation rate lookin good.

If he's gone, you have to think our APR is a ticking time bomb

BoondocksFrog

Hearing this could be the end of the line for him...

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but if the girl doesn't press charges and he is allowed back on the team, I will be pretty upset.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and Devonte has had bad press follow him on several occasions.

jake102

BoondocksFrog said:
Where there is smoke there is fire, and Devonte has had bad press follow him on several occasions.

Yep. It was pretty obvious after he completely declined to cooperate in the last situation. And judging by who his best buddy is, it's not really surprising.

frognutz

So what is a family violence packet? What dies that involve?

Also, don't we need to withhold judgement here? If there was no gun, there are going to be two sides to the story here.

DannyAdelante

If Gary Patterson has any integrity, there's no way Fields deserves another chance.  He's gone.  And never mind that - aside from football, if this is true, he should be locked up.  What a scumbag of a person.

HToady

Thought he might have a gun (not for certain).

Refused to press charges.

It's obvious. She mistook his finger for a gun and she ran into his fist with her face. Problem solved.

I miss so much by being in bed at 3:30 am.

JugbandFrog

Why would the male friend let him in? What the hell kind of male friend is this that just lets a dude into the house and not cause a ruckus. It sounds fishy to me.

frogs9497

Can't root for a guy who hits women.  Hope it's not true. 

At some point, you have to acknowledge that you're not hanging with the wrong crowd... you are the wrong crowd.

cheese83

BoondocksFrog said:
Hearing this could be the end of the line for him...

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but if the girl doesn't press charges and he is allowed back on the team, I will be pretty upset.

If she doesn't press charges you don't kick him off. For all we know she is completely blowing it out of proportion. 

Is this her: https://twitter.com/HmarieB23

LezzGetFroggy

I just don't really understand what the cops can do to him if she doesn't want to press charges? The star telegram article has me wondering how the hell they didn't arrest him? Sitting outside your ex girls window is just f'n weird.

Pharm Frog

Patterson criticized the media’s selection of sophomore defensive end Devonte Fields as Preseason Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, saying there are other players on his team, and around the league, that could be in the conversation.
“I was kind of surprised that Devante Fields was preseason because he hadn’t played a year ago,” Patterson said. “We’ve got some guys that I think are as good as he is up front and I think there’s a lot of good players in the league that I would have also voted for.”
Fields missed most of last season due to suspension and later an injury and was granted a medical redshirt, returning to the field in the spring in what seemed to be his old form. But Patterson said others made just as much of an impression.