• The KillerFrogs

WR Prospects

MidlandFrog

Mainly for Feisty, but if Hawkins isn't able to get in or something else happens, who are our targets outside of the ones we currently have? Is there any chance of snagging Jonathan Lee from Baylor, he could hook back up with Matt Brown since they played together at Allen (see if Lee's production drops off without his QB). Also, what are our chances at Brown from Waxahachie? I am very happy with our WR class so far and I think it could get stronger.

the dutchman

QUOTE(MidlandFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 06:21 PM) [snapback]592737[/snapback]
Mainly for Feisty, but if Hawkins isn't able to get in or something else happens, who are our targets outside of the ones we currently have? Is there any chance of snagging Jonathan Lee from Baylor, he could hook back up with Matt Brown since they played together at Allen (see if Lee's production drops off without his QB). Also, what are our chances at Brown from Waxahachie? I am very happy with our WR class so far and I think it could get stronger.

I am from Waxahachie. Your prospects of getting Brown are very good. He is the real deal. He may be a better defensive guy but if you want offense he can give you that too. All around player in my opinion. Currently he has offers from OU, Okie light, TAMU, TCU, Tech, Alabama, Tulsa and Baylor plus many more. I think we wants to stay close to home. I was told CGP personally visited him in the winter to offer him a scholarship. Plus TCU coaches were in town in the spring several times. I have been told Stoops has been in town several times to talk to Brown. Three weeks after Alabama won the title they offered him and Sabin came to town the same day Turbeville from Tech came. He is undoubtedly a stud.

MidlandFrog

QUOTE(the dutchman @ Jul 2 2010, 09:21 PM) [snapback]592769[/snapback]
I am from Waxahachie. Your prospects of getting Brown are very good. He is the real deal. He may be a better defensive guy but if you want offense he can give you that too. All around player in my opinion. Currently he has offers from OU, Okie light, TAMU, TCU, Tech, Alabama, Tulsa and Baylor plus many more. I think we wants to stay close to home. I was told CGP personally visited him in the winter to offer him a scholarship. Plus TCU coaches were in town in the spring several times. I have been told Stoops has been in town several times to talk to Brown. Three weeks after Alabama won the title they offered him and Sabin came to town the same day Turbeville from Tech came. He is undoubtedly a stud.

Thanks, I think he would look great in a Horned Frog uniform.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Thanks for the comments and the direction of the question. Always nice to be noticed... :eek:hmy:

Hawkins is probably gone and the kid may have been the best WR recruit at TCU in quite some time, Kerley, Young included. So what happens now?

As mentioned, LaDarius Brown may be the top prospect on the radar, even above Townsend & Barr. Kid will be a phenominal get for whoever, but he just reeks of D. Incredible athlete and I just sent everything I could on him and was great to see him get POW at both D and O during the year. Think it was a first at DMN.

Anyway, it will be tough squeezing in another WR in this class even with the losses. I expected the staff had built in some of these when they said the number for this year was 20 or 21. 18 seniors on scholly gone and then losing Hawkins, Isadore, & Olabode but having an overage of 1 so 20 looks like the deal and we are at 13 already.

Of the remaining 7 or 8, 4 will be DL so 4 more at most to fill multitude of positions and safety, another OL and a CB are key.

With David Bush, Cameron White, & David Porter on board you may get another WR in this class at most. You may get a great walk-on from Houston Episcopal but as a scholly look for Johnny Haynes or Paul Turner.

It is very tight with this class and some wiggle room if Blake Roberts goes DE but even so they need at least 3 DL and a C out of this class and those yet to be filled. Chatzen & Boykin are tremendous athletes and may fill in the gaps on O or D, but one more WR/ATH type at most s/b expected in this group (Brown excluded).

Gunner

Hope Gonzales and Merka can make it at QB. Both are talented enough it appears. Think Boykin is a slot or wide. But after watching his film clips, I've never seen such an arm. He is short but he could be a Brees. He can knock you down from 30 yards and I saw only his sophmore clips.

If he grew some, we might be on to something with Boykin.

Rabble Rouser

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jul 3 2010, 11:12 AM) [snapback]592903[/snapback]

broken-record-765056.jpg

PurplePutt

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 10:15 PM) [snapback]592774[/snapback]
but as a scholly look for Johnny Haynes or Paul Turner.

Haynes committed to Okie State yesterday (4 July).

Planks

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jul 3 2010, 12:12 PM) [snapback]592903[/snapback]
Hope Gonzales and Merka can make it at QB. Both are talented enough it appears. Think Boykin is a slot or wide. But after watching his film clips, I've never seen such an arm. He is short but he could be a Brees. He can knock you down from 30 yards and I saw only his sophmore clips.

Can somebody remind me the height of the only QB to beat us last year? I just can't remember for some reason.

ricksterh

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jul 3 2010, 05:12 PM) [snapback]592903[/snapback]

Feisty, what is the story on Gonzales. I didn't see him on your blog? Is he a comit? I sure would have liked to have seen Manziel at TCU bu appaerently the Frogs didn't offer and right now he is an Oregon comit. I understnad he is also a top baseball player?

What are our chances of getting Malcom Brown? From the film I saw he looks like he might be on a very short list of one of the best rb's ever. :biggrin:

Gunner

You mean that little fellow who put 7 points on the board.

Oh my, I was really impressed. That corner who picked and ran it in, he should have been playing QB. :biggrin:

ricksterh

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jul 5 2010, 08:19 PM) [snapback]593285[/snapback]
You mean that little fellow who put 7 points on the board.

Oh my, I was really impressed. That corner who picked and ran it in, he should have been playing QB. :biggrin:

Gunner, who are you talking about? :biggrin:

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(ricksterh @ Jul 5 2010, 03:29 PM) [snapback]593290[/snapback]
Gunner, who are you talking about? :biggrin:

He's talking about the Kellen Moore, the Boise QB. If you told me that we could have Kellen Moore play QB for TCU for the remainder of our program's history I'd take it. Assuming of course he would stay the same age the entire time, if not, he probably wouldn't be very good at 87 years old. And when he died, well that would just be weird.

Gunner

Guy who thought the Boise shortie QB was so great. Boise got 17 points and had one interception returned for a touchdown. So, the shortie got one drive for a TD and he's bragging about that? One TD they made, was a run off left tackle.

His stats would have been horrible, but for some reason in the second half, we decided not to cover their TE, who was wide open about 6 times. Granny Emma could have completed those. He looked a little like Granny in fact.

I'll take the 6'3 Dalton over that turkey anytime.

That QB is just like the guy at Wyoming and at Utah. Both are short tough competitors, but will never win the big games, but can get carried along for the ride.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jul 5 2010, 03:40 PM) [snapback]593296[/snapback]
Guy who thought the Boise shortie QB was so great. Boise got 17 points and had one interception returned for a touchdown. So, the shortie got one drive for a TD and he's bragging about that? One TD they made, was a run off left tackle.

His stats would have been horrible, but for some reason in the second half, we decided not to cover their TE, who was wide open about 6 times. Granny Emma could have completed those. He looked a little like Granny in fact.

I'll take the 6'3 Dalton over that turkey anytime.

That QB is just like the guy at Wyoming and at Utah. Both are short tough competitors, but will never win the big games, but can get carried along for the ride.

The guy has thrown for 7000 yards and 64 TDs the last two years. They've lost ONE game, to us. You've lost your mind.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(ricksterh @ Jul 5 2010, 03:14 PM) [snapback]593281[/snapback]
Feisty, what is the story on Gonzales. I didn't see him on your blog? Is he a comit? I sure would have liked to have seen Manziel at TCU bu appaerently the Frogs didn't offer and right now he is an Oregon comit. I understnad he is also a top baseball player?

What are our chances of getting Malcom Brown? From the film I saw he looks like he might be on a very short list of one of the best rb's ever. :biggrin:

Been having trouble with the blog so get on Matthew.... :tongue: He's supposed to upgrade it so I don't keep losing info, etc. Should be much nicer when completed as I should be able to imbed videos and have a lot more control of info. Been lots of info that hasn't been passed along so be sure to PM Matthew, THATS Matthew and put upgrade Feisty's blog in the header!!!!

:biggrin:

Manziel is one of 3 Ore QB commits and I think the coaches still want one more so they may backtrack on him. Think he switches if the opportunity presents itself, just not sure it will. Boykin is a tremendous get however and though you haven't heard much on him he is going to be a good one. Gonzales is an athlete and expect him to go S or WR.

Brown is a longshot at RB. Even Lasco is going to be hard to bring in but coaches really like him. Brown is a beast and really love the way he attacks from the backfield. He is a lot like D Smith but not quite Smith's speed.

Remember, PM MATTHEW!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Planks @ Jul 5 2010, 12:42 PM) [snapback]593257[/snapback]
Can somebody remind me the height of the only QB to beat us last year? I just can't remember for some reason.

Don't think Moore beat us...

BSU O put 10 on our D and 7 after a tremendous fake punt, so that was 3pts Moore was responsible for last year.

Gunner

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jul 5 2010, 08:43 PM) [snapback]593297[/snapback]
The guy has thrown for 7000 yards and 64 TDs the last two years. They've lost ONE game, to us. You've lost your mind.

No, it's called the WAC. :biggrin:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jul 5 2010, 03:43 PM) [snapback]593297[/snapback]

Moore is a huge system QB. Quick release at times but questionable arm strength.