• The KillerFrogs

Winkler to start Friday...

PurplePutt

I'm happy with that or with any of our weendend rotation. Probably has more to do with the best match-ups than anything else. Purke being a lefty probably a factor. Can't wait! Will have to video stream from Kazakhstan--it better work or I will be POed.

FrogAbroad

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 1 2010, 06:28 PM) [snapback]566939[/snapback]
Like I said, change up the rotation.

Glad you were on top of that for us, amigo.

:biggrin:

Houston Frog

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]566941[/snapback]
I'm happy with that or with any of our weendend rotation. Probably has more to do with the best match-ups than anything else. Purke being a lefty probably a factor. Can't wait! Will have to video stream from Kazakhstan--it better work or I will be POed.

Another possible reason is that Winkler has more post-season experience, and would be less likely to have butterflies to start the 1st game. By the time we get to game 2, Purke would be more or less "settled in" and used to the atmosphere.

Not saying that's it or not (because I have no idea)... just spit-balling here

The lefty thing probably has more to it.

leofrog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 1 2010, 07:49 PM) [snapback]566948[/snapback]
Another possible reason is that Winkler has more post-season experience, and would be less likely to have butterflies to start the 1st game. By the time we get to game 2, Purke would be more or less "settled in" and used to the atmosphere.

If Purke was a righty, he would probably be starting on Friday. But, Baylor has many left-handed hitters in their lineup, and Arizona likes to run.

Schloss did say when talking about the 3 that he had options because one of them was a lefty.

Young and Horned

We can guess the reasoning or we can all unite and get pumped up about this weekend! Let's go out there and paint that pad purple! Going to be a great weekend for sure. Looking forward to it. My dad is driving in from out of state to go, so should be a great time. Hopefully a few tailgaten beers will be sat down like the opposing hitters, 1,2,3.

NativeFrog

I guess you guys who think you know it all should start listening to Native Frog. Maybe it's not too late for you to learn a thing or two.

SnoSki

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]566941[/snapback]
Will have to video stream from Kazakhstan--it better work or I will be POed.

Technology is..
173243d1262995828-back-pack-report-borat-very-nice.jpg

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
It was my thread :tongue: ....& I was nearly hung for even mentioning the possibility of a change in rotation.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jun 1 2010, 09:33 PM) [snapback]566973[/snapback]
I guess you guys who think you know it all should start listening to Native Frog. Maybe it's not too late for you to learn a thing or two.

Negativity and human sterilization?

Frog79

QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 1 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]566989[/snapback]
It was my thread :tongue: ....& I was nearly hung for even mentioning the possibility of a change in rotation.

And I was lectured on how stupid it would be to save Purke for Baylor even though coaches do such things in tournaments all the time. I guess I'm in good company with Schloss in the clueless camp then, lol.

sous vide

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 1 2010, 09:19 PM) [snapback]566948[/snapback]

Nope. I'd say it's due to the research Schloss found by examining kf.c!

Longfrog

Wait, you're telling me Schloss is looking ahead and managing his rotation to give his team a better shot in game 2? What a novel concept!

Longfrog

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 05:57 AM) [snapback]567025[/snapback]
Nope. I'd say it's due to the research Schloss found by examining kf.c!

No doubt. But I guess they'd better win game 1 now or the natives will be furious.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Schloss no doubt looking at matchups and a heavy lefty-hitting Baylor team. That's why he is the man.

Was never worried about which three would start against Lamar. But of the three, Purke and Maxwell have been sharper of late. Wink has had a little struggle, but being a bulldog fought and worked through it. I look for him to steady himself and take care of the birds ...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 07:30 AM) [snapback]567029[/snapback]
Schloss no doubt looking at matchups and a heavy lefty-hitting Baylor team. That's why is the man.

Was never worried about which three would start against Lamar. But of the three, Purke and Maxwell have been sharper of late. Wink has had a little struggle, but being a bulldog fought and worked through it. I look for him to steady himself and take care of the birds ...

Even if Baylor was full of righties I wouldn't pitch a 12-0 pitcher against a bottom feeder. I guess there is no way Schloss pitches any of "the three" if Frogs play in the "if" game on Monday. Correct me if I am wrong (like I have to tell anyone on this board that :tongue: )

desmith03

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 1 2010, 08:49 PM) [snapback]566964[/snapback]
We can guess the reasoning or we can all unite and get pumped up about this weekend! Let's go out there and paint that pad purple! Going to be a great weekend for sure. Looking forward to it. My dad is driving in from out of state to go, so should be a great time. Hopefully a few tailgaten beers will be sat down like the opposing hitters, 1,2,3.

You had better pace yourself with the 27 beers and all! :tongue:

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Longfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 06:07 AM) [snapback]567028[/snapback]
<br />No doubt. But I guess they'd better win game 1 now or the natives will be furious.<br />

You make it sound like starting Winkler is a gamble. The kid is a horse and, other that SO, his stats are slightly better than Purke. I don't think there can be 2nd guesing with this decision unless Purke gets shelled in game 2 and don't see that happening.

Latest posts