• The KillerFrogs

Who is the best Texas h.s. player you ever saw?

tcudoc

For those who have no clue....

That was so weird. They had me going for a bit then I searched and found out more of the story. Not sure how I had never heard of that previously. It read like a bigfoot sighting or UFO story but had real players and coaches in it, so I got sucked in.

AroundWorldFrog

That was so weird. They had me going for a bit then I searched and found out more of the story. Not sure how I had never heard of that previously. It read like a bigfoot sighting or UFO story but had real players and coaches in it, so I got sucked in.
You weren't the only one. SI called it the greatest sports Aprils Fool joke of all time....

TheFDN

Steve Needham - Plano late 80’s. QB, led team to 16-0 State Championship when only two teams in each district made the playoffs. No big school/small school bs.

Marcus Stiggers - Lake Highlands early 90’s. QB who ran the wishbone to perfection. Played at Colorado when they were pretty good.

William Cole - Cedar Hill 2000’s. QB, State champion. Probably the best athlete that decade to come out of DFW.

HFrog1999

Fozzy Whitaker for Pearland was absurd
Andrew Luck at Stratford looked like an NFL QB as a senior
Sam McGuffie was awesome

Did he have the neck beard in High School?

Dance Disco GIF by Todd Rocheford

MTfrog5

Marshall Henderson was fun to watch at LD Bell.
Chase Daniel, Aaron Luna, and Renfro were a fun group to watch in high school.

PurpleBlood87

Steve Needham - Plano late 80’s. QB, led team to 16-0 State Championship when only two teams in each district made the playoffs. No big school/small school bs.

Marcus Stiggers - Lake Highlands early 90’s. QB who ran the wishbone to perfection. Played at Colorado when they were pretty good.

William Cole - Cedar Hill 2000’s. QB, State champion. Probably the best athlete that decade to come out of DFW.

Saw Striggers play Flower Mound Marcus and the Marauders defense shut him down.

MTfrog5

Aaron Luna was pretty good in baseball also.
Very. Made it to AA with the Cardinals. Daniel was also pretty solid as well. Some really good baseball in that district. Colleyville had a kid go to Rice as well. His name escapes me right now. Saw him his a home run at Grapevine over the 400’ marker in centerfield.

Paint It Purple

Saw him play many times for the Mariners while stationed in Seattle area.
Spike Owen should probably be in a Texas HS HOF if there is such a thing. Spike was one of those guys we've all seen over the years. 3 years starting QB, point guard on the basketball team, and of course 3 year starting short stop and pitcher. And, a personable great kid. I'll over look that he went to UT.

Mike Luttrell former TCU back.. he was a senior when I was a freshman at WHHS here in Fort Worth.. Parade All American, was a big fast beast, ran thru everyone. Battled some injuries at TCU, but was ALL SWC in 1972

SwissArmyFrog

As one having attended less than 10 high school football games...

- when I was in high school our team was going to play Highland Park, QB'd then by Lance McIlhenny...who was injured prior to our game and his back-up, Rob Moerschell played. They had an awful game and we won (at home) by about 20 points. This was my first ever high school game.

- one of my daughters was on the drill team at Lake Highlands, and I got to watch Desmond Roland (RB who later played with Oklahoma State). It was clear he was somewhat of a man-among-boys.