• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

82Frog

Mine
_MG_2316.jpg

_MG_2315.jpg

Meanie 23

I don't remember a limit on it when I got mine for graduating in 2007. I got my name with middle initial engraved on the inside plus the academic sprawled out frog. Wish I'd done '07 with it though.
Yeah, now they have a limit on the amount of characters you can put for free. I remember it being an odd number because it was barely going to be enough to fit my last name and graduation year (which is what the representative suggested). You can still get more letters/characters than they give you for free, but they charge you for every additional character.

tetonfrog

I did not buy a class ring cuz I didn't have the money. Didn't buy one for high school, too. It was a family thing: my dad and two brothers didn't buy class rings, so I didn't either. He said to another brother that men only wear wedding rings. Also, asking pops for a loan for a TCU ring would have been beyond stupid. After all, I was his only son that did not go to KU.It still upsets him.

Looking back, I wish I would've bought one. I'm not sure I would've worn it a lot, but my TCU degree is a source of pride for me. I agree with an earlier poster, if you can afford it, buy one. If not, don't sweat it.

82Frog

They're not as big a deal as they use to be. Main reason I bought a TCU ring was because my Arlington Heights H.S. ring was stolen out of my hotel room in Galveston a year after I had it.

hometown frog

That is almost identical to the one I got in 73 except the stone in mine is rounded and smooth.

I've got the same one as bumblebeetuna, except for a full stone in the center I've got a small diamond setting with the arched TCU logo. Worn it every single day since I graduated almost 14 years ago.

blakespop

I received that very same notice in the email. I'm definitely doing it, in the white gold of course. I agree with the previous poster, that my degree from TCU will be a tremendous source of pride.

Shane

talor

Aggies wear their rings. It is an easy way to identify people as belonging to some back country brain washed cult type school. Also the design is ugly.

Save the several hundred dollars it would cost, (granted I have no idea what they cost), and put that money towards a good suit, a nice pair of dress shoes, some luggage, a plane ticket somewhere you will never visit with a wife and kids, etc. Get something that you will get mileage out of. Something that makes you look different/better than others and can advance the early stages of your career. Something that will give you a story for years to come.

The ring is question doesn't qualify as any of those.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Aggies wear their rings. It is an easy way to identify people as belonging to some back country brain washed cult type school. Also the design is ugly.

University and college graduates from all over the country wear their rings. It is a custom and tradition dating back into the 1800s that includes all of us. If you have that much animosity towards the Ags, you'll need to refocus if for no other reason that you've seen how many of your fellow Horned Frogs appreciate theirs.

I got my ring last year the day of the Boise game and was so excited about wearing. But I am incredibly superstitious ( I wear the exact same clothes for every game) and thought for sure that If I wore the ring Boise would beat the crap out of us.

I decided against my better judgement to wear it anyways and BOOM we beat them on the blue 36-35.

I haven't taken it off since.

YCBJ Frog

It is an easy way to identify people as belonging to some back country brain washed cult type school.

Pure ignorance. Schools like Harvard and MIT have some of the highest percentages of students that get rings and wear them. Both of those schools have nicknames for their rings, Harvard's being "the one" and MIT's being called "the brass rat".

talor

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1344187028' post='1187203']
Pure ignorance. Schools like Harvard and MIT have some of the highest percentages of students that get rings and wear them. Both of those schools have nicknames for their rings, Harvard's being "the one" and MIT's being called "the brass rat".
[/quote]

You are taking this out of context. I am speaking about TAMU and other schools in and around Texas, including TCU. I graduated in 2007 and I don't know of a single friend of mine who bought a TCU ring.

Comparing traditions of a school such as Harvard to TCU is a stretch at best.

AEAfrog

You are taking this out of context. I am speaking about TAMU and other schools in and around Texas, including TCU. I graduated in 2007 and I don't know of a single friend of mine who bought a TCU ring.

Comparing traditions of a school such as Harvard to TCU is a stretch at best.

I was class of 2009 and don't know a single friend who didn't buy a class ring. Not that it should matter. If you like the ring, buy it. If you don't, don't.