• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

tcumaniac

I got a card in the mail the other day from Tcu saying it was time to order my class ring.

Who all on here has one?

What color is it?

Do you wear it?

Should I get one?

What is your opinion on the TCU class ring? Ugly? Good looking? Meh?

rifram09

It's a good question. I don't have one, but I would kind of like to get one. At the same time, I doubt I would wear it much. Also, I'm not sure what kind I would get. Probably mostly hold with some purple accent.

I am interested to hear other people opinion.

10 Key Frog

I wear mine still years later. It's kind of meh, but still it's my bit of TCU I wear each day even if I'm not in purple.

I did the white gold which seemed to be more popular the year I graduated. Blends in better with every day wear.

Froggle Rock

I've got one, white gold. I wear it every day.

I know a few other guys in my fraternity that got one as well, but the majority did not.

Army Frog Fan

One school started the tradition, and their grads should wear them. Everyone else is just lame copycats. Find your own tradition. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm talking to you, aggies.

AEAfrog

I have one. I wore it pretty regularly for the first few years I had it but now I tend to only wear it on formal occasions. I recommend buying one though, it confuses the Aggies when they see that other schools have rings.

roddog

Banned
I have one. I wore it pretty regularly for the first few years I had it but now I tend to only wear it on formal occasions. I recommend buying one though, it confuses the Aggies when they see that other schools have rings.

some aggies get rings after their 3rd year, i had an aggie show up an one of my hs reunions with one on that didnt even finish, talk about goofy

tcumaniac

Ring.jpg

rings.jpg

SFA Frog

some aggies get rings after their 3rd year, i had an aggie show up an one of my hs reunions with one on that didnt even finish, talk about goofy

My grandmother gave me a ring as a present. Then I didn't finish the last 15 hours I needed to graduate from TCU. It sits on my dresser next to my HS ring.

tcumaniac

http://www.skiff.tcu.edu/Fall2002/112602/com.html

According to that article, they went to a standard ring in 2002. I love the idea of everyone having the same ring. It provides a sense of unity.

But to be quite honest.... .I think our ring design is absolutely terrible.

I'll probably get one anyway... but I just wish the "ring committee" would have come up with a design that wasn't so damn blehhhh