• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

Ron Swanson

I graduated right before the universal design was introduced in 2002. i was able to choose from a variety of styles and I like way mine turned out.

I wore it very consistently for about 7-8 years. The main reason I stopped is that I lost weight and it now fits very loosely. I am afraid of it flying off, so it stays on the shelf.

Very glad I got one, and I would have probably purchased the one with standard design had that been in place during my era.

Same thing happened to me, I got it resized and now it fits fine. Take it to any jeweler and they'll do it for $20

TCU2002

Same thing happened to me, I got it resized and now it fits fine. Take it to any jeweler and they'll do it for $20

I think I took it somewhere to inquire about this and was told it was not a good idea for this particular ring. Could be wrong, though. I'll have to ask again sometime.

ShepFrog

My parents got me one, and I like it. I wear it everyday. It is not like the rings from other schools. They all seem to go big, bulky, and they all look way overstated. The design TCU picked is the a good size (that is what she said). Also, the ring reminds me of the family crest signet rings that people used to press into wax to close important letters.

Ron Swanson

My parents got me one, and I like it. I wear it everyday. It is not like the rings from other schools. They all seem to go big, bulky, and they all look way overstated. The design TCU picked is the a good size (that is what she said). Also, the ring reminds me of the family crest signet rings that people used to press into wax to close important letters.

I seal all my letters with my ring... it's a nice, personal touch

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
After some trial and error with the wax mold, the replacement class ring I ordered is done. The jeweler said they can use the same mold to make more, with modifications for your degree and graduation year. The cost would be in the neighborhood of $300 if you have some old gold to melt down and use to around $900 if they supply the gold. If you want to go high end with a diamond, that is possible as well.

http://Picture1336_

http://Picture1338_

http://Picture1338_

Beautiful!

count_biffula

My rules:

Wear a ring if you are married.

Wear an earring if you are homosexual, or a pirate.

Wear a bracelet if you are under arrest, or summer on the Jersey Shore.

Wear a necklace if you steal livestock, spit mad rhymes or need security clearance.

Wear an ankle bracelet if you are under house arrest.

How bout a 'rooster' ring?

4 Oaks Frog

Have worn mine proudly everyday since paying it off at the TCU Bookstore in 1972. You can tell from the wear. Was ordered through the bookstore form Haltom’s. Wore it with TCU facing away from me until I graduated in 73’, and turned it around after walking across the stage a DMC. That is the way it was done back in the day...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!BB9AE7E4-4E48-48B0-8D0A-793ABEE4A5DA.jpeg