• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

HFrog1999

I have one and I've worn it every day since I graduated. Back then we could pick our design. I interviewed a recent graduate for an open position. He complimented my "old school ring". Our VP couldn't stop laughing. "Dude, he called your ring old school! That means he thinks your old!"

Of course, when I bought my ring, gold was below $400 per ounce. It's probably the only decent investment I've ever made.

NYC Horned Frog

I don't have one and I know very few who got one in college or in my fraternity.

Last football season I did run into an old friend who had just gotten one a few years after graduating. It looked much better than the ones offered while I was there, which are the same ones maniac posted here. He told me he found the old jeweler who did the old TCU class rings, it was really good looking. I'd maybe do something like that.

Army Frog Fan

This is false, every ring was bought and paid for by the student. There was a myth that the former student foundation paid for half, but that is false as well. You can order your ring after completing something like 95 hours. I actually like the TCU ring, it's original and doesn't try to imitate the Aggie ring like Tech and t.u. do.

Yeah, because the Aggie ring is original and certainly not a copy of any other ring. :rolleyes:

10 Key Frog

Personally I hated the rings maniac posted at first back when I graduated, but as others have said, it's grown on me. I wear it pretty much every where. It does look a little plain, but as others have said, I like that it doesn't look like my high school ring which I think I lost years ago.

IamFroglash88

f3558a1a.jpg
1cced93e.jpg

tcudoc

I also like the new ring. Not too big or flashy. Like froglash88, I have one from 90 that has the flying T on it. I almost never wear it. It is to big and bulky, plus it needs re-sized and I am too lazy to get it done.

IamFroglash88

I wore it a couple times this past football season to my Fort Lauderdale game watching parties. First time wearing it since, well, I can't remember.

HFrog1999

I didn't get a flashy ring because I planned on wearing it everyday. Graduating from TCU is one of my biggest accomplishments, I like wearing a reminder of it.

JugbandFrog

http://www.skiff.tcu...112602/com.html

According to that article, they went to a standard ring in 2002. I love the idea of everyone having the same ring. It provides a sense of unity.

But to be quite honest.... .I think our ring design is absolutely terrible.

I'll probably get one anyway... but I just wish the "ring committee" would have come up with a design that wasn't so damn blehhhh
UGly as sin and the reason I didn't get one. It looks too girly if you ask me.

tcumaniac

I hope the ring grows on me too. It really would be cool if getting a ring became common place ad you saw people proudly wearing them all over the place. And if they offered the ring at a discounted rate to older alumi do that everyone could have the same one.

I've got one and I wear it almost everyday.

BUT

The old version absolutely puts the newer version to shame and it isn't even close. Really wish that I could get one.

This was the "standard" TCU ring when I graduated in '96. I wear it every day and always get questions and compliments. It's a great conversation starter. My phone camera doesn't do the ring justice.

yFz3c.jpg