• The KillerFrogs

Who’s Next? AD Search Thread.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
With CDC to Austin, who’s next?

When the “job gets posted” Monday, TCU will be presently ranked in the top 15 in football, baseball and basketball. We are competing at the highest level in the major sports. Our football, basketball, and baseball venues are all top-of-the-line, and if AGCS expansion is going well, we can demonstrate to candidates how supportive our donor base is. The entire campus is growing, and the university is on an upward academic trajectory. The City of Fort Worth is a great place to live. We have Patterson, Dixon and Schlossnagle and no need for major hires. We have power 5 revenue and an administration and Board that are committed to keeping TCU Athletics at the top. No State legislature to deal with and less pressure than a major state school job.

The sky is the limit—yes thanks in part to Del Conte, Morrison, and Hyman, but also thanks to Boschini, the Board, the fans and donors, and many other.

Who do you want / what are you hearing for the new AD?
I want a guy with the administrative prowess of Eric Hyman, the gentle nature of Danny Morrison and fundraising acumen of Chris Del Conte

I am going to miss Chris but he left the TCU athletic department in better shape than when he came here. You cannot ask for much more than that

Personally, I wish him well and know that our board of trustees and the athletic committee will find a great replacement

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I want a guy with the administrative prowess of Eric Hyman, the gentle nature of Danny Morrison and fundraising acumen of Chris Del Conte

I am going to miss Chris but he left the TCU athletic department in better shape than when he came here. You cannot ask for much more than that

Personally, I wish him well and know that our board of trustees and the athletic committee will find a great replacement

Heresy! That is wishing UT success!

Wishing him spectacular failure in no way diminishes the work he did here or our appreciation for his efforts. But wishing him well professional is like having the CIA director going to work for the GRU and wishing him well!

I hope he takes them for a ton of money, has great health and continues the fine mediocrity we’ve come to know and love in the People’s Republic of Austin...

FrogLifeYo

I hire a lot of people in my job and if I've learned anything it's that your tenured employees need to have a voice...Whoever we hire better be HCGP biggest fan and GP better get to sign off..

tcuwags

LT, Wendy Davis, James Cash, Jack, Reid.

I'm thinking we really are a destination point now. Some new superstar will rise to the top and we will ne thrilled and won't look back. What a great opportunity and a great time to be a Frog!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
LT, Wendy Davis, James Cash, Jack, Reid.

I'm thinking we really are a destination point now. Some new superstar will rise to the top and we will ne thrilled and won't look back. What a great opportunity and a great time to be a Frog!

Wendy Davis? Please.

Now, James Cash just might be a very good candidate, but I doubt he’d be interested in taking a pay cut.

Big Frog II

He's never been an AD

Don't you think we deserve an experienced guy in that job?

Northing against Donati, mind you but I think we need an experienced hand. Of course the BOT never asks my opinion so Donati may be the guy. Who knows?
The BOT doesn't ask your opinion? That I cannot believe.

Brog

I trust Boschini and the Board with this search. Remember, as CDC always said, when Morrison left they put three insane goals in front of CDC sand other candidate: (1) keep Patterson, (2) rebuild AGCS, (3) get TCU into a BCS league.

I have no doubt this search will be just as intentional and well thought out and we will see exceptional candidates and a great hire.

I agree completely. Wonder what three "insane" goals the search committee might put in front of the candidates for the job.