• The KillerFrogs

White Out at Utah?

Metropolis777

So we all know that Utah is doing a blackout when we come to town. Is there any way possible to get the word out to all of our fans showing up to wear white to show up on TV? Since it's the alumni trip, it's maybe a little more organized than usual. Also, I'm sure the ticket office has a list of people who bought tix that we could contact.

It's a thought to consider. Purple won't show up all that well on TV against the black of Utah. But white will.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

If I were going to SLC I would be all about that. Sounds like a great way to throw off there black out and wear the color the players on the field are wearing.

StealthFrog

problem is that it will probably be cold and most people's winter coats are some basic color like tan or navy. Color coordination will be impossible.

salUTE65

Wow! 50 people dressed in white and tucked away in a little corner of our stadium. If I close my eyes tight enough I can almost see the magnificence of it all.

Houston Frog

problem is that it will probably be cold and most people's winter coats are some basic color like tan or navy. Color coordination will be impossible.

You don't have a white coat?

rad4ACB9.jpg

aebrown22

Wow! 50 people dressed in white and tucked away in a little corner of our stadium. If I close my eyes tight enough I can almost see the magnificence of it all.

50 huh? That sure is a tiny allotment that you guys sold to us, which we sold out of. On top of that, I know myself and many others have purchased tickets through stubhub and other outlets. I anticipate something more like 2000 TCU fans, but yeah let's go with 50.

Frog DJ

I'd be happy to wear white to Rice-Eccles if someone can effectively organize such a movement.

Keep us updated.

Go Frogs!

FrogsMcGee

Our allotment was all of sections W6-W7-W8. There are at least 60 rows per section and at least 15 seats per row, probably more. That's at least 2700, which is in line with what I've heard our allotment is. In addition, I know several people who are coming that did not make the cut for the allotment. I think it's a fair assumption that we will have around 3500 there.

aebrown22

Our allotment was all of sections W6-W7-W8. There are at least 60 rows per section and at least 15 seats per row, probably more. That's at least 2700, which is in line with what I've heard our allotment is. In addition, I know several people who are coming that did not make the cut for the allotment. I think it's a fair assumption that we will have around 3500 there.

If we were Baylor we would say that the only reason it is sold out is because we're brining 20K. Thank God we're not Baylor.

GeoFrog

I'd be happy to do participate in the white-out, if someone can find me 3 tickets. I already have airfare and hotel.

salUTE65

That would put you on par with what BYU usually brings to Rice Eccles Stadium (RES) and I highly doubt you'll travel that many fans. Also, the Utah ticket office spent the latter half of spring and summer selling mini-plans to the TCU game after season tickets sold out at 100%. Many of the mini plan tickets sold are located in the W sections you mentioned. The ticket office also sold mini-plans for the Pitt game.

I remember how many fans TCU traveled in 2008 and it wasn't a lot - especially for how big the game was. I'd expect more Frog fans in SLC this year, but I'm thinking probably somewhere between 1000-1500 of you will show up. Pitt fans said they sold out their allotment too and I'd say they brought about 1500 fans to RES.

Ravenous Ute

Dress like Utah fans and cheer like Hell for TCU. That will confuse the :mellow: out of them! :tongue:
Heh... like anyone is going to be able hear clearly enough to make the distinction...

Ute's literally make the Stadium shake with crowd noise... even the commentators in the press box from ESPN commented on it at the Pittsburgh game.