• The KillerFrogs

White Out at Utah?

Ravenous Ute

RavUte -

Noise .......... crowd noise..........
Look I don't want to start a pissin' contest, and I am not saying that TCU will win the 2010 game........
We'll find out.

I say the TCU unbeaten streak at Utah ends on 11/6.

:smile: Nah I don't want a pissing contest either... but on the subject of math.. I cranked out the numbers before last week's games and surprisingly we appear very even. I won't post them here but you can follow the link if you are curious.

As you said 'we'll find out"... only thing I know for sure is if ESPN College Gameday goes to Alabama @ LSU instead of Rice-Eccles Nov 6th, it will be a travesty. This looks to be a dam* fine game!

StealthFrog

i tried to buy Utah tickets through TCU 2 months ago and there were none available. There is absolutely no way TCU returned any of the their allotment.

joefrog91

No, I don't have confirmation. I only know that the mini plans were made up of tickets returned from visiting teams because our stadium sold out with season ticket sales back in July. There were only single seats here and there that were not sold via season tickets. But there were a few TCU tickets in the mini plans, although very few. My sources are co-workers (I work at the university) and fellow Ute fans, no official ticket office source.

I have no idea how single game tickets work for out of town games. However, I find it hard to believe that the TCU ticket office would return tickets that far in advance when it's against a quality opponent like Utah. Like I said before, there have been others on this board that said we sold out our entire allotment. If Utah held some tickets back and sold them in those mini-plans, then I would believe that.

MBAFrog

Tier 1
No, we'll have 2000 there and I LOVE the idea. I was thinking the same thing last week. We need to spread the word on this one.

JogginFrog

Surprised not more posts from those who sell gear. Couple of possibilities for colder-weather white:

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_TCU_Horned_Frogs_Sweatshirts_And_Fleece/Texas_Christian_Horned_Frogs_White_Classic_Twill_Hoody_Sweatshirt

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_TCU_Horned_Frogs_T-Shirts/Texas_Christian_Horned_Frogs_White_As_Advertised_Long_Sleeve_T-shirt

I'm sure someone out there has other good options.

It would be cool, but unless there is someone walking through the TCU section handing out white shirts at the beginning of the game it isn't going to happen. So CDC, you know what you have to do. Start practicing running the bleachers and make it happen!

Just do white towels. Similar effect and will require little coordination. Just a little legwork on gameday.

61_Shasta

- but the point is...your crowd was in that game for 10 minutes...mostly at the end.

As much as I like the passion you weren't sitting in the north end zone of Rice-Eccles. You statement as far as our portion of the stadium is pure fiction.

That being said let's let it play out on the field and at the end of the day the better team that night will have the most points on the scoreboard. Just as the better team that night did in 2008. In the meantime if you do make the trip to Salt Lake City I hope that you have a great time and enjoy everything our city, our tailgaters and our school has to offer.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
:smile: Nah I don't want a pissing contest either... but on the subject of math.. I cranked out the numbers before last week's games and surprisingly we appear very even. I won't post them here but you can follow the link if you are curious.

As you said 'we'll find out"... only thing I know for sure is if ESPN College Gameday goes to Alabama @ LSU instead of Rice-Eccles Nov 6th, it will be a travesty. This looks to be a dam* fine game!

You missed my point.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but these stats are totally skewed to MY ARGUMENT. I believe that you and all rabid Ute fans are drinkin the kool-aid my friend.....
These "unbelievably high stat rankings" are the results against one of the EASIEST opponent schedules in the FBS. Your strength of schedule blows. You better be having great stats and high points against these lame friggin teams! The only patsy Utah hasn't played is the Sisters of the Blind.

Rav...just remember TCU is not UNLV, NM, San Jose St, Iowa St or Wyoming.............

We will soon see if UU is a Top 10 team....crowd or not.

Ravenous Ute

Surprised not more posts from those who sell gear. Couple of possibilities for colder-weather white:

http://www.footballf...oody_Sweatshirt

http://www.footballf..._Sleeve_T-shirt

I'm sure someone out there has other good options.

More white & warm...

http://www.collegefootballstore.com/Default.aspx?lt=Default&ctl=SearchResults&search=white&categoryID=e5c87f6c-c095-47a5-a594-3896ac8b802d

Stadium Blankets

http://www.thestationerystudio.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/catalog.viewProduct/productID/26215/catId/1652/Texas_Christian_University_Plaid_Stadium_Blanket.html

Solid Throw Blanket

http://www.rallyhousetexas.com/5580079.html

Ravenous Ute

You missed my point.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but these stats are totally skewed to MY ARGUMENT. I believe that you and all rabid Ute fans are drinkin the kool-aid my friend.....
These "unbelievably high stat rankings" are the results against one of the EASIEST opponent schedules in the FBS. Your strength of schedule blows. You better be having great stats and high points against these lame friggin teams! The only patsy Utah hasn't played is the Sisters of the Blind.

Rav...just remember TCU is not UNLV, NM, San Jose St, Iowa St or Wyoming.............

Pardon friend... but with Tennessee Tech *cough* SMU *cough* Colorado State, Wyoming and BYU... neither TCU, nor Utah is able to knock on anyone's schedule... (except the SEC's OOC)

As I said before... things seem pretty equal...

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
You missed my point.

The Sagarin ratings this past week show UU Strength of Schedule at 110th in the nation. TCU... is 64th.
For reference the Top 10 SOS in the nation are:

1 Oregon St
2 San Jose St
3 Wash St
4 BYU
5 Wyoming
6 Az St
7 UCLA
8 Wash
9 Calif
10 Iowa St

salUTE65

RavUte -

TCU dominated Utah in 2008 and if not for missing two chip shot field goals.....

You dominated for 1 quarter - but only statistically. And if TCU "should" have won the game TCU would have won the game. Bottom line, TCU couldn't get in the end zone and Utah did. Waaaa. Stop crying about it.

That was a great Utah team, and this years team is NOT near as good as your 2008 team was. Period.
This is a better TCU team than the one we had in 2008. Do the math.

Keep telling yourself that.

I say the TCU unbeaten streak at Utah ends on 11/6.

I don't.

salUTE65

There is no problem with banter. Your 1500 number is just too low. We didn't return over 1000 tickets. I would bet money that we sold at least 2000 from our alottment and have at least 500 more in the stadium. My real guess would be 3500. 1500 is way to low.

Either way, it's not a huge difference. 3500 in a 50k stadium isn't much. As others have said, we aren't going to act like Baylor fans and try to claim that we will bring 15-20k and then only show up with 1500. We're are pretty reasonable bunch about estimating attendance numbers, and I'm telling you we'll have way more than 1500, probably more like 3000 to 3500 there.

There aren't even 3500 seats to be had in the visitors sections and for the record you are starting to sound like Boise State fans who said they were bringing 8,000 down to RES in 2006 and BYU fans who said they bought 15,000 Utah season tickets just so they could make the game in 2008. Boise State probably brought 2500-3000 (game was only 15th largest ever crowd at RES) and BYU...well here's a picture of what 2008 looked like:

-286761872_photo5.jpg

Between the blue and the empty seats vacated by zoobs who could no longer stand to witness the carnage you get an idea of what the parameters of a full visitors section at RES looks like. At best, TCU will fill the section where the BYU band is located, part of the section to the right of it, as well as the area where the clump of blue is just to the right of band. I'll take another picture of you guys on November 6th and settle the issue.

FrogsMcGee

I'm not saying we'll have 3500 in the visitor's section. I'm saying we'll have 3500 TCU fans in the stadium. About 2500 of those will be in the visitors section and the other 1000 will be scattered around elsewhere in whatever stubhub seats they could find.

How is our estimate of 3500 anything like the Boise estimate of 8,000 or the BYU estimate of 15,000? Both of those seem like stupid estimates and mine seems very reasonable. Out allotment was somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500. We sold all of those no matter what you keep saying about miniplans. I was not able to get tickets through TCU and know several other people who weren't able to as well. This was mid-summer. I doubt we returned any allotment to you in July. As Houston Frog said, I know of at least 30 people that are coming to this game that didn't get seats from TCU. I don't even live in Texas anymore or I'm sure I would have heard from more people looking for tickets.

Even if you don't want to concede that we'll have 3500, you shouldn't be sticking with your 1500 number. We have more than covered that with our allotment. You should be conceding that we'll have at least 2500 there, and then we'll agree to disagree on the 3500.

FrogsMcGee

Also, from your picture there appears to be quite a bit of navy blue scattered in the stands, particularly in the end zone. I guess those could be blue jackets on a cold night, but I doubt Utah fans would wear anything navy to the BYU game.

ftwfrog

Back to the idea of a 3 section white-out, and less pissing contests on whether we'll have 2,000 or 3,000: Lets do it! There'll be 4 of us and we'll have white on. It won't be that cold. White TCU shirt over a thermal.

FrogsMcGee

Back to the idea of a 3 section white-out, and less pissing contests on whether we'll have 2,000 or 3,000: Lets do it! There'll be 4 of us and we'll have white on. It won't be that cold. White TCU shirt over a thermal.

I too will be wearing white. We really should try to spread the word on this.