• The KillerFrogs

Which BIG12 addition are you most likely to visit?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Already visited Colorado. Will be out of the country for Houston this year.

Next up
1) Provo or SLC in 2024?
2) Cincy in 2024? - combine with a pro game and possibly the pro football Hall of Fame.

Existing schools - Have never been to Tech. Going this year and bringing my hard hat.

Dogfrog

Already visited Colorado. Will be out of the country for Houston this year.

Next up
1) Provo or SLC in 2024?
2) Cincy in 2024? - combine with a pro game and possibly the pro football Hall of Fame.

Existing schools - Have never been to Tech. Going this year and bringing my hard hat.
SLC - Park City only a half hour away if you have extra time. Snowfall not likely during football season but good fly outfitters there and three good trout rivers / streams close by.

Casey T

#1-2 is ASU & U of A in November, incredible weather and scenery

#3 is CU for the mountains and to check out Boulder

#4 UCF for a Florida trip and another Harry Potter world visit at universal (NERD!)

#5 Utah, have had a great time in SLC and will visit Park City again as well

I’ll probably wait 3-5 years for Houston until/if they build their program up, I was looking at seats for our game in September and saw incredible seats for $10… then checked our tcu-ut tix and $150 is the cheapest available

No interest in Cincy, visited once and didn’t love it. Don’t think I’d go out of my way to make a BYU game but the atmosphere for their game vs baylor last year looked great so probably will happen at some point

Endless Purple

I've wanted to see a game at Sun Devil Stadium for years, love that stadium. That's number one.

I live fairly close to all of last month's additions. The drive to CU and Phoenix last year was easy enough, Tucson isn't that much further.

Zero interest in Houston, Cincinnati, or UCF. I suppose I could take the kids to Disney or something for Orlando and stay the weekend or something.
If you ever hit UCF, you can skip Disney and go to Cocoa Beach, Ron Jons Surf Shop, and Kennedy Space Center, about an hour east of Orlando.

LisaLT

I plan on checking off Arizona, Arizona State, Cincinnati, and Central Florida. I’ll hopefully check them off for the road games as soon as they are available.

I went to Houston for the game at Robertson Stadium in the CUSA days.The stadium and the area around the stadium was not very good. I plan on going there later this year. It will be interesting to see what they have done to the stadium since then.

I went to Colorado last year and had a fun road trip! The drive to the top of Mt Evans was an adventure to do if we get another game in September. It is definitely worthwhile!

I’ve been to both BYU and Utah as well. I stayed in Downtown Salt Lake City both times. In the MWC days it was a safe fun clean area. I definitely had a good time eating and drinking at Squatters. The backdrop for the stadium at BYU is absolutely spectacular and a must see! It was especially beautiful during the sunset especially when the mountains around the stadium had snow on them.
Are BYU and UU in close proximity to each other? Utah has some really beautiful destinations. Are either close to Moab?

Virginia Frog

Next up

If you're an airplane guy...give Dayton (35 miles) a couple of days for all the Wright Bros. stuff and the magnificent Air Force Museum - you could spend 2 days there and still not see the whole thing!

(Canton is a truck from Cincy... one-way car rental and return from CLE.)

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

UCF. Spend a few or more days on a beach on either coast, get to the game, then fly home.
Disney, Universal are extreme money pits (admissions, overpriced food, ridiculous parking fees, they have done some top-flight industrial engineering studies to get you to part with your money on a quantum scale!). caveat emptor is the word of the day. (I did multiple days at Universal this past Feb so I know this firsthand.)