• The KillerFrogs

" Where have you gone Bryan Holaday, a Frog Nation turns its lonely eyes towards you"

maxmtex

During Saturday's UNLV game, at the start of the 5th inning, down 2-0, Kyle Winkler provided the most "spirited" motivational talk I have heard in a long time. Since TCU parents got to sit in the first row, we got to hear every word of it.

Aside from the incredibly deft use of certain unprintable words, the gist of the talk was: " it isn't OK to lose to these guys or to be behind 2-0 again today. If you think its OK, #$%$#$%% you!". There were several other sentences, all of which came back to not being satisfied with where this team was at.

The guys listened (no one interrupted him, I assure you), and went on the score 12 runs that night and 8 the next night.

I think we have a leader, even if he is a pitcher.

TCURiggs

During Saturday's UNLV game, at the start of the 5th inning, down 2-0, Kyle Winkler provided the most "spirited" motivational talk I have heard in a long time. Since TCU parents got to sit in the first row, we got to hear every word of it.

Aside from the incredibly deft use of certain unprintable words, the gist of the talk was: " it isn't OK to lose to these guys or to be behind 2-0 again today. If you think its OK, #$%$#$%% you!". There were several other sentences, all of which came back to not being satisfied with where this team was at.

The guys listened (no one interrupted him, I assure you), and went on the score 12 runs that night and 8 the next night.

I think we have a leader, even if he is a pitcher.

Very glad to hear that. Thanks.

cdsfrog

Turn your sarcasm meter up. He was giving cdsfrog a hard time b/c he thinks the world is ending when we lose a game.

just not delusional thinking we can host a super regional with 7 losses in the first 17 games. Still said we would win the conference, 35+ games and have a good shot at hosting a regional. sorry for not being an idiotic homer.

TCURiggs

just not delusional thinking we can host a super regional with 7 losses in the first 17 games. Still said we would win the conference, 35+ games and have a good shot at hosting a regional. sorry for not being an idiotic homer.

Good for you. Still, you don't have to be an idiotic homer to just not posting some of the crap you spew after a few bad losses.

cdsfrog

Good for you. Still, there's a difference b/w not being an idiotic homer and just not posting some of the crap you spew after a few bad losses.

a few was 4. 10 and 7 wasn't exactly good per say. The 14 ranking is merely a judgment of #1 preseason ranking, and potential. Just like ucla. I overstated my case before, admitted, it but I will respond when getting dumbass remarks from homers when I say something positive. That is not aimed at you. I haven't and never will say anything about Winkler, and will my do best not to say anything bad about any specific player. Did that with miller before and wont again, but besides him (doing great now) pitching wise TCU has had a great year. Hitting hopefully is now coming together.

TCURiggs

a few was 4. 10 and 7 wasn't exactly good per say. The 14 ranking is merely a judgment of #1 preseason ranking, and potential. Just like ucla. I overstated my case before, admitted, it but I will respond when getting dumbass remarks from homers when I say something positive. That is not aimed at you. I haven't and never will say anything about Winkler, and will my do best not to say anything bad about any specific player. Did that with miller before and wont again, but besides him (doing great now) pitching wise TCU has had a great year. Hitting hopefully is now coming together.

Fair enough. I agree, hopefully after putting up those runs in Vegas and getting some fire from Winkler (and hopefully others), we can put a nice little run together.

Fair enough. I agree, hopefully after putting up those runs in Vegas and getting some fire from Winkler (and hopefully others), we can put a nice little run together.

Exactly. Its a long season. Crying about not hosting a regional when conference play hasn't even started is premature.

cdsfrog

Exactly. Its a long season. Crying about not hosting a regional when conference play hasn't even started is premature.

pretending tcu has a chance to host a super regional is beyond being a homer, its plain delusional. My post began with, oh well they will still win the conference and 35+ games. And if they make a good run against bad conference opponents, they will host a regional.

cdsfrog

love to see coats, weik (please god tell me sunday was just the beginning), and other hitters join in too.

jake102

I think the problem is that coming into the season expectations were to host a super regional. Those chances are all but gone now. That's disappointing in my opinion.

cdsfrog

I think the problem is that coming into the season expectations were to host a super regional. Those chances are all but gone now. That's disappointing in my opinion.

we should never expect anything like that ever. And should always be happy and cheer gleefully. Even if we lose 25 games, we can still do it! :rolleyes: