• The KillerFrogs

Were you shocked no TCU players drafted by UFL teams?

moudy

Looking at the drafted players, I think you have to declare yourself for the UFL draft. Not sure how many undrafted players want to start in the UFL vs. an NFL training camp at this stage in their career.

gatorfrog

United Football League

2011 version of the USFL or XFL but worse

2009 and 2010 version as well (2011 will be season 3), but the league is just too small and the season too short for it to be interesting to me. Ugly-as-sin uniforms don't help.

A lot of NFL alum coaches, though.

cdsfrog

2009 and 2010 version as well (2011 will be season 3), but the league is just too small and the season too short for it to be interesting to me. Ugly-as-sin uniforms don't help.

A lot of NFL alum coaches, though.

smart way to do it. Keep it small to slowly build.

look what happened to arena football

gatorfrog

smart way to do it. Keep it small to slowly build.

look what happened to arena football

I generally agree, but I think 5 teams and 8(?) games is just a little too small to feel like these guys have done much. Makes it more like some guys keeping in shape than a viable fan-entertainment option. It reminds me of that episode of NBC's Parks and Recreation where budget issues force the city youth basketball "league" down to 2 teams (great show, btw).

If/when they get up around the 8 team/10 game mark, you'll have a more interesting competition.

On another UFL note, I don't it's worked out for them, but part of their business plan was to force NFL teams to buy players out of their contracts, a la Japan-->MLB or international pro soccer transfers.

Back on topic, I take it as a good sign that no Frogs were drafted. I think it means these kids expect to catch on with an NFL team once Free agency starts.