• The KillerFrogs

Welcome Coach Sonny Dykes Thread

A couple notes from my Maize and Blue friend regarding Harbaugh’s turnaround this year:

“As Bo Schembechler famously said, those who stay will be champions. Different times, to be sure. But guys playing primarily for money and draft position will not be the best building blocks for a cohesive team. Michigan had a bunch of those guys the last couple years. They are mostly gone now. It has made all the difference.”

“Woody and Bo wouldn't keep their jobs today. Another element of Michigan's turnaround was the decision to replace a number of old-guard assistants. Harbaugh is the only coach over about 43. Kids today on balance don't seem to respond well to drill sergeants, that's for sure. Being demanding is fine, so long as you demand nicely.”

Frogs1983

Strange you would research that. Very odd. I read and SELDOM post. I find that most fans who post are those who never played at this level. Therefore I find humor in the ignorance of the non athlete. Most who post are jokes who regurgitate trite and overused opinions...and think they’re original.
GP was an original and to toss him away was a disgusting slap in the face to me and other season ticket holders. We finally had a team that could compete. That is very unlike my playing days…that was in ancient times by most standards.
So have a good life and enjoy the 3 or 4 years of SD. It won’t be pretty.
Been Season Tic Holder over 25 years. Wasn't a slap in face to me, and many other Tic holders . You have your opinion, I have mine. End of the day neither matter to what will eventually transpire on the field.

I will support our new HC , give him a chance at least before I dismiss him as a failure!

Last edited: