• The KillerFrogs

Week 9 – Other Games Open Thread

Genus Rana

TCURiggs said:
They just announced that they suspended the entire officiating crew, including replay officials, from the Duke/Miami game. They also released a statement that pointed out all of the obvious things they missed on that final play.

Miami's Twitter account wins the day with this Tweet:

https://twitter.com/MiamiHurricanes/status/660875508176044032

The Big 12 needs to take note of this. Our officials could use some suspensions every once in a while.

jake102

ACC SUSPENDS MIAMI-DUKE OFFICIATING CREW
Of the two-game suspension of the on-field officiating crew as well as the replay official and communicator, the league said in a statement: "The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game." The league cited three other uncalled penalties

SnoSki

Did anyone else notice the praise Jabrill Peppers on Michigan was getting last night? Don't get me wrong, the guy is a stud who plays both ways. Very cool.

The line of praise that really stuck out to me, however, was at the end of the game, they made a comment that Peppers had "just played his 80th play of the game!" And both guys said WOW and OMG and HOLY COW, 80 plays for one guy, "that's incredible.."

Well, I started to think. How many times has our offense alone run at least 80 plays? 5 times:

- Minny
- SFA
- Tech
- Texas
- WVU

(71 vs SMU and 75 vs Iowa State)

Latest posts