• The KillerFrogs

Week 13: Other Games Thread

Horny4TCU

Baylor is still holding on the edges to get yards on runs that direction. Why is that not getting called? It is so blatant!

Wexahu

Baylor is still holding on the edges to get yards on run that direction. Why is that not getting called? It is so blatant!
I notice that not getting called throughout college football. They let you grab as long as you don’t wrap around and let go soon enough, but I agree, sometimes they don’t let go that soon. I think sometimes the defender tries to make it look like they are being held when they really aren’t too.

Gotta throw this out there too, so I guess this means ESPN notified the officials they want Baylor to win? Lol.

CountryFrog

Why wouldn’t you hit someone if you are both going for the ball? I say destroy them and get the ball.
I think that as long as you're making an attempt to go for a loose ball then they will absolutely allow for some contact.

I was just talking generally about drilling someone after the play and the ball is nowhere near you or it's not on the ground and never was on the ground.

Wexahu

If Baylor had quality QB play, they’d be a really, really good team. Texas too, but they have some pretty serious O-line issues.

CountryFrog

If Baylor had quality QB play, they’d be a really, really good team. Texas too, but they have some pretty serious O-line issues.
Quality QB play is typically what separates the really good teams from just the average teams in college and NFL. We'd probably be at 6 or 7 wins right now with the same level of QB play that we've seen over the previous 4 years.

Big and inexplicable exception to this is the Mahomes Tech teams getting elite QB play and still being an average or below average team. I guess they would've been a 1 or 2 win team with poor QB play. Kingsbury owes his entire NFL coaching opportunity to Mahomes.

Wexahu

Quality QB play is typically what separates the really good teams from just the average teams in college and NFL. We'd probably be at 6 or 7 wins right now with the same level of QB play that we've seen over the previous 4 years.

Big and inexplicable exception to this is the Mahomes Tech teams getting elite QB play and still being an average or below average team. I guess they would've been a 1 or 2 win team with poor QB play. Kingsbury owes his entire NFL coaching opportunity to Mahomes.
It would have been interesting to see where we’d be right now if Morris hadn’t gotten hurt. Maybe that Baylor game is ingrained in my head too much, but I think our passing game could’ve clicked a little more consistently if he were playing. Obviously it’s clicked ok anyway and Duggan brings more on the ground.

Hell, we haven’t lost a game so all is great with MD, but I’m just optimistic about Morris in this offense. If Max would happen to get hurt, I really think we’d be ok. He did beat Max out in fall practice.

It would have been interesting to see where we’d be right now if Morris hadn’t gotten hurt. Maybe that Baylor game is ingrained in my head too much, but I think our passing game could’ve clicked a little more consistently if he were playing. Obviously it’s clicked ok anyway and Duggan brings more on the ground.

Hell, we haven’t lost a game so all is great with MD, but I’m just optimistic about Morris in this offense. If Max would happen to get hurt, I really think we’d be ok. He did beat Max out in fall practice.
Feels like a 50/50 chance, or worse, that Morris can stay healthy through a season, so if TCU didn‘t have Sam Jackson to work in tandem with Morris next year I do not think TCU would be feeling good at QB for 2023. But, you need 2 QB’s no matter the starter. TCU had that luxury this year, and hopefully next year too. I love the potential of Sam Jackson and hope he stays at TCU, but he too is small, and inexperienced in game time at QB.

Last edited:
Tulane beat Cinci today, at Cincinnati. Tulane‘s head coach, Willie Fritz, is in his 7th season, and 2018 was his only winning season in the AAC conference schedule at 5-3. Last year they were 1-7 and 2-10 overall. This year he flipped it and is 7-1 and 10-2. Makes me wonder if he was terrific bringing in transfer talent for this season’s success.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Tulane beats Cinci today, at Cincinnati. Tulane‘s head coach, Willie Fritz, is in his 7th season, and 2018 was his only winning season in the AAC conference schedule at 5-3. Last year they were 1-7 and 2-10 overall. This year he flipped it and is 7-1 and 10-2. Makes me wonder if he was terrific bringing in transfer talent for this season’s success.
No, he didn’t really bring in too many transfers although Patrick Jenkins from TCU has played a big part. He and another transfer I’m forgetting are about the only big transfer contributors I think.

They had a crazy year last year with hurricane stuff that wrecked their season before it began basically and they never recovered.