• The KillerFrogs

We may have lost but we certainly opened some eyes.....

Frog-in-law1995

And don’t forget the SECs patented November FCS opponent, which often is their 7th or 8th Home game.

1. allows them to rest up for rivalry games the next week.

2. allows the entire conference to put up high scores while every other conference loses 1/2 of its games.

3. allows them to sneak an extra team or two into the top 25 so that their rivalry matches have inflated difficulty value, making the winning teams look that much better and get that extra “ranked” win.

It’s freaking brilliant and we’re all stupid for not doing the exact same thing. Though it would require we only have 2 non-conference games to start the season.

Last edited:

SnoSki

1. allows them to rest up for rivalry games the next week.

2. allows the entire conference to get huge wins while every other conference loses 1/2 of its games.

3. allows them to sneak an extra team or two into the top 25 so that their rivalry matches have inflated difficulty value, making the winning teams look that much better and get that extra “ranked” win.

It’s freaking brilliant and we’re all stupid for not doing the exact same thing. Though it would require we only have 2 non-conference games to start the season.

I would be totally fine with opening with the buckeyes and then SMU then Texas, saving southern for the middle of November.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I thought that rule changed?
I'm referring to the school's decision that they don't want divisions with only 10 schools in the conference. Everyone enjoys the round robin format, and until we go to 12 or more the decision was made to stick to that format.

Ron Swanson

I totally lost my sh!t, to the point of apologizing to my my family about how ridiculously I acted. They didn't seem to mind.

This you?

15371493881537149387.gif

netty2424

I totally lost my sh!t, to the point of apologizing to my my family about how ridiculously I acted. They didn't seem to mind.
When that punt went south, I let out a GDMFR and threw my water bottle down into the seat in front of me.

Luckily they smoke shows in front of me had finished up snapping IG photos of their purses with the game in the back ground(true story), left for concessions or to redo their make-up, and the seat was empty.

Unlucky that the young teenaged Frog fan next to me looked at me terrified.

Buckeye

This is why you pay big time OOC games...You May not win but if you play well..the positives far outweigh the negatives..You can’t imagine the value we just got in the CFB world...

This is exactly right. This is why OSU schedules these as well. National exposure to build your brand and to impress upon recruits.

SnoSki

I'm referring to the school's decision that they don't want divisions with only 10 schools in the conference. Everyone enjoys the round robin format, and until we go to 12 or more the decision was made to stick to that format.
The conference made a bad decision IMO

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
The conference made a bad decision IMO
From a business perspective perhaps, but there is no doubt the fans enjoy the format. This does dovetail into what Patterson has been talking about concerning the scheduling of a tough OOC opponent, in that if we did go to divisions and it took one of OU, OSU, WVA, or ISU off the schedule each year he wouldn't have as much of an issue with scheduling another top tier P5 team, but when you have to go through the round robin gauntlet it presents an issue and increased risk of injury.