• The KillerFrogs

We Have some 4 Stars!

Ray Finkle

For those who care....

I'm glad to see a strong recruiting perception of our recruits. Other recruits will see this and do care. I love the fruits of the Rose Bowl win.

It's a great time to be a Frog!

PurplePutt

Rivals 250 released today.

TCU with 4

OU, Baylor, Okie State, Tech, Kansas, KSU, Mizzou, Iowa State with 5 combined

Aggies with 5

Texas--I don't want to talk about it.

An-Cap Frog

A far cry from the 2008 2- and 3-star rankings...

2012 National Rankings...

Edward Pope @ 193
Devonte Fields @ 147
Tyler Matthews @ 141
James McFarland @ 237

maximilian

We lead for #66 Wheeler

Have a good shot at #37 Fuller

And have heard inklings that #9 Agholor might camp this summer.

What a time for TCU football.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A very strong class so far and glad to see Matthews starting to get the recognition (the others were better known prior to committing). Of the rest of the group so far LaDarius Anthony probably the most underated, but Hunt, Johnson, Gilbert, Aune & Listenbee all big time recruits and should get some good recognition.

Waccy Frog

Pretty cool. Thanks for posting that. There is no doubt they our recruiting has gone to another level this year.

Now I'll check out of this thread before the 30 page tired debate on Rivals and its rankings begins.

Froggle Rock

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2868

Full list of kids TCU is competing for:

Committed

Tyler Matthews #141
Devonte Fields #147
Edward Pope #193
James McFarland #237

Offered
Nelson Aghelor #9
Gunner Kiel #19
Kennedy Estelle #35
Devin Fuller #37
Dominique Wheeler #66
John Michael McGee #82
LaDarrel McNeil #107
Denzell Devall #125
Michael Starts #148
Colin Blake #161

Interested
Brian Nance #73
Javonte McGee #127
Javon Williams #201
Justin Thomas #235

IronSkillet

So did I, but according to Rivals we have not.

Well in any case, this is great to see. I'm so proud of our team and its coaches, they're killing it out there.

I have confidence that the kids we're going after have the character that got us here to go along with their obvious talent.

This is unprecedented. 4 out of the first 10? The most we've ever had (well,since 2002) is 4, which was in 2009.

While star ratings do not guarantee on field performance, we at least seem to be getting the recruits we wanted first.

This is a startling testament to Coach Gary and his staff.

Thank you LHCGP!!!

jstrat

Not that stars actually matter, but it's pretty impressive to see TCU's class getting some props. Texas is always going to get those high rated players, the hype machine does wonders. I expect them to land a few more 4*'s when its over. A&M is getting 2 more 4*'s tomorrow.

Houston Frog

I believe Nance's issue is his knee, teams are waiting til the fall to see if he's recovered.... although it's possible I'm confusing him with someone else

PurplePutt

I read that on Texags.com. How do they know?

Rival's 4 stars who are not in top 250 announced tomorrow. Maybe a Rivals mod posted on their site that two more of their recruits would be on that list. The PM mods told us ahead of time that TCU would have 4 on the top 250 list--They just didn't tell us who they were.

ricksterh

If some of these recruits want to come to TCU they better get on board the wagon pretty quick. There are more guys on those lists than we have ships! :biggrin: