• The KillerFrogs

We go undefeated again this year

Goodnight

Sept 4 Oregon State Arlington Texas Oregon State is good not great won't have what it takes W 31-10
Sept 11 Tennessee Tech Fort Worth Texas lol W 56-0
Sept 18 Baylor Fort Worth Texas lol W 49-9
Sept 24 SMU Dallas Texas Improved but defense still won't be there W 45-21
Oct 2 Colorado State Fort Collins Colorado trap game could be cold but their offense won't be there W 27-10
Oct 9 Wyoming Fort Worth Texas Still not enough offense W 42-0
Oct 16 BYU Fort Worth Texas rebuilding year for the cougars W 35-7
Oct 23 Air Force Fort Worth Texas 2nd best team in the league IMO but won't get it done in Fort Worth W 35-10
Oct 30 UNLV Las Vegsa Nevada lol W 51-3
Nov 6 Utah Salt Lake City Utah will get a nice parting gift for leaving the league W 33-13
Nov 13 San Diego State Fort Worth Texas lol W 55-14
Nov 27 New Mexico Albuquerque New Mexico lol W 46-6

And my pick for the bowl game, no other undefeated teams in the country, no Pac-10 or Big 10 team goes to NC game so no Rose Bowl, no one loss teams in Big 12, VA Tech in ACC is at 12-1(loss to Miami) so they are competing with us for a slot in title game, SEC champ is in unless there are 2 losses, Pitt in Big East at 11-1 but loss to Utah dooms them. I think BCS chooses VA Tech over us for title game so we get sent to the Fiesta Bowl again against Oklahoma. IMO

Jan 1 Oklahoma Glendale Arizona tough opponent but not as good as they were in 2008 and neutral site this time W 23-17

MM17

OSU and Utah are really the only games that concern me. I still think that the Oregon State game is going to be closer than everyone on here is thinking; similarly to the Clemson game last year.

QUOTE(MM17 @ Aug 4 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]607494[/snapback]
OSU and Utah are really the only games that concern me. I still think that the Oregon State game is going to be closer than everyone on here is thinking; similarly to the Clemson game last year.

How can you even compare the two? Clemson was a decently far away game, in one of the hardest places to play in the college football, in miserable weather, with the best player in college football on their team.

57Frog

How can you even compare the two? Clemson was a decently far away game, in one of the hardest places to play in the college football, in miserable weather, with the best player in college football on their team.

really , He won the heisman . Was he even at the heisman award ceremony ?

Personally I think McCoy was robbed .
I also think the Beavers will be a tough game .
Go Frogs .

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
57, remember who won the Heisman in 2000? The year LT broke out and was so fabulous, rushing for over 2000 yards and carrying the team?

I wouldn't put "best player in College Football" next to that trophy. Sometimes, he might be. But mostly it is the "player pimped most often on ESPN" than anything else...

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Aug 5 2010, 08:34 AM) [snapback]607596[/snapback]
57, remember who won the Heisman in 2000? The year LT broke out and was so fabulous, rushing for over 2000 yards and carrying the team?

I wouldn't put "best player in College Football" next to that trophy. Sometimes, he might be. But mostly it is the "player pimped most often on ESPN" than anything else...

Correct.

TCURiggs

QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Aug 5 2010, 01:34 PM) [snapback]607596[/snapback]

Very true. They'll always have SOME of the best in players in CFB win it, but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that the Chris Weinkes and Jason Whites of the world were the best players in the country at the time. Also, take a look at the schools that the players from the last ten years have been from and tell me "prestige" and TV audience don't play into that award:

99 - Wisconsin, Ron Dayne
00 - Florida State, Weinke
01 - Nebraska, Eric Crouch
02 - USC, Carson Palmer
03 - OU, Jason White
04 - USC, Matt Leinart
05 - USC, Reggie Bush
06 - Ohio State, Troy Smith
07 - Florida, Tim Christ
08 - OU, Sam Bradford
09 - Bama, Mark Ingram

If as many people would have had the opportunity to watch LT in 2000 as they did Weinke and the other finalists, I'm sure the voting would have played out differently...same goes for most other years.

Froglaw

Here is a blast from the past.

Enjoy!

Sept 4 Oregon State Arlington Texas Oregon State is good not great won't have what it takes W 31-10
Sept 11 Tennessee Tech Fort Worth Texas lol W 56-0
Sept 18 Baylor Fort Worth Texas lol W 49-9
Sept 24 SMU Dallas Texas Improved but defense still won't be there W 45-21
Oct 2 Colorado State Fort Collins Colorado trap game could be cold but their offense won't be there W 27-10
Oct 9 Wyoming Fort Worth Texas Still not enough offense W 42-0
Oct 16 BYU Fort Worth Texas rebuilding year for the cougars W 35-7
Oct 23 Air Force Fort Worth Texas 2nd best team in the league IMO but won't get it done in Fort Worth W 35-10
Oct 30 UNLV Las Vegsa Nevada lol W 51-3
Nov 6 Utah Salt Lake City Utah will get a nice parting gift for leaving the league W 33-13
Nov 13 San Diego State Fort Worth Texas lol W 55-14
Nov 27 New Mexico Albuquerque New Mexico lol W 46-6

And my pick for the bowl game, no other undefeated teams in the country, no Pac-10 or Big 10 team goes to NC game so no Rose Bowl, no one loss teams in Big 12, VA Tech in ACC is at 12-1(loss to Miami) so they are competing with us for a slot in title game, SEC champ is in unless there are 2 losses, Pitt in Big East at 11-1 but loss to Utah dooms them. I think BCS chooses VA Tech over us for title game so we get sent to the Fiesta Bowl again against Oklahoma. IMO

Jan 1 Oklahoma Glendale Arizona tough opponent but not as good as they were in 2008 and neutral site this time W 23-17