• The KillerFrogs

We could finish 4th in MWC football....

Johnnyhornedfrog

You guys are WAY too negative! With our Running Backs , whoever our QB is I predict we will have a dynamite Offense, and our Defense will be among the best, as usual.

ross

KMA
4th place is a very possible scenario. we could easily finish anywhere from 7-5 to 12-0. got a lot of leadership to replace on both sides of the ball, especially Dalton and TJ on defense. fortunately we have more raw talent than ever before. experience is lacking therefore we will be a much better team the second half of the season than in the first half.

the real opportunity for this group of players is 2012 and 2013 either year could be a NC year.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
If someone doesn't pick up on my referring to Tank Carder and Tanner Brock as Butch and Sundance, I'm going to be P.O.'d. It was bad enough that you guys never adopted "Sped Freshly," but come ON...

Butch and Sundance? Awesome!

IronSkillet

With the raw talent that TCU will be bringing into next season and the quality and experience of our coaches, there is no way we lose to all those teams. I'm on the record as expecting 2 losses (at the most) but I think we would have to be tremendously unlucky to lose to some of those teams. No offense to SMU, Baylor or any of our conference rivals, but we are on another level. Any team can beat any team, sure, but those teams only beat us on a really bad day.<BR><BR>Also, I'm confused why so many on this board are so certain that we will lose to BSU. Boise St. is a great program, sure, and they've beaten us before. But we've beaten them too. They're losing some key players as well, and this will be a close game, but it's 50/50. To say we're going to lose with any degree of certainty is ridiculous. <BR><BR>I mean, we have Sped Freshly. 'Nuff said.

SnoopFrogs11

I think in all honesty we will be 11-1 or 10-2 because we are losing so many starters this next year. Also with new QB, WR's, OL. CB's, safeties. I feel like Boise will be our big test because they have a senior QB in Kellen Moore. I think you can't count out San Diego State though they lost their coach, they still return an experienced QB and running back. Spring ball should give us some indication of the next year.

fdub

I know that we have struggled up in the Springs but I just don't see that QB beating us unless we give them short fields with turnovers.

I can't think of a better way for exactly that to happen than to put a first-year starter at QB against the AFA defense. It happened to Andy Dalton in his first year.

fdub

We continue to reload every year. Have faith

we haven't had to reload at QB since 2007; we haven't had to reload 4 starters on the o-line since... 2004? Help me out, but it's been a while.

THe point, which I think the starter of this thread was trying to make, is that we're into territory here that we haven't been in a long time. We're replacing almost the entire starting offense, and expectations are way out of line with that reality.

fdub

3) BYU: Over hyped, lost to Utah state last year and we utterly destroyed them

red herrings here. By the time BYU came to Fort Worth last season, the hype had moved passed BYU. Everybody knew they were out for the count. What's remarkable is how they turned around, and now are legitimately under-hyped. I'm glad we get them later in the year, after our new starters have had time to gel. If they haven't gelled, we're going to lose that game.

cdsfrog

red herrings here. By the time BYU came to Fort Worth last season, the hype had moved passed BYU. Everybody knew they were out for the count. What's remarkable is how they turned around, and now are legitimately under-hyped. I'm glad we get them later in the year, after our new starters have had time to gel. If they haven't gelled, we're going to lose that game.

sorry not on the bandwagon. byu loses 3+ games next year

Houston Frog

Also, I'm confused why so many on this board are so certain that we will lose to BSU. Boise St. is a great program, sure, and they've beaten us before. But we've beaten them too. They're losing some key players as well, and this will be a close game, but it's 50/50. To say we're going to lose with any degree of certainty is ridiculous.

I mean, we have Sped Freshly. 'Nuff said.

I'm by no means saying that we are going to lose to BSU with any degree of certainty, but if I had to pick it right now, I'd probably take the Broncos. Yeah, they're losing some starters, but they're returning their Heisman finalist 4th year starting QB. Basically, they're losing starters in the same sense that TCU was losing starters after 2009.... some very good pieces, but not huge losses (Titus/Young vs Washington/Hughes).

On the flip side, we're losing Andy Dalton and most of our OL, along with 3/4 of our DL.

On top of that, the game is in Boise, which is undoubtedly a tough place to play.

byuhog

There are gonna be some challenges for TCU this season, with all the losses. TCU may very well reload more than rebuild, BUT you still need experienced in CF. Even your QB, who has been around for a while-Paschall. He'll probably do fine, but he still needs that Div-1 actual experience and not just playing agains the scout team all year, etc.. The good thing there is that TCU's defense is pertty danbg good, so if Paschall or whoever else may be starting this year did well, then they ought to fair well against other MWC defenses.
Still, it takes time and don't expect anyone to just come in and be Andy Dalton from the get-go. It's unlikely. Not impossible with a great talent, just unlikely.

So TCU may have a lot of talent coming up, but the QB still has to distribute the ball well or that talent doesn't mean much on the field.

I think 1-3 losses is perfectly reasonable for TCU this year. At least 2 losses. 1 to BSU and 1 to either SDS or AF or maybe BYU. However, bad things can and do happen-injuries, problems arise and so for TCU to lose to BSU, an experienced AF and SDS team on the road, is not out of the question. Somwe of you forget, TCU still has a target on yall's back, as TCU has been dominating the MWC lately. Teams don't care if it's a "down year" or not. They're gonna try like hell to beat TCU. AF can be a nasty place to play. TCU may win, but it probably won't be pretty. Especially with cold or inclement weather which you should know by now-that happens at AF. And they play a lot better at home than on the road. SDS is gonna be chomping at the bit and feeling pretty confidant that they CAN beat TCU this year, due to last year's game.

Don't think TCU should lose to Baylor or SMU, but those guys would love to beat TCU in a year like this. Don't underestimate how much those programs would love to win and put up a fight, since they almost never win against TCU.

As for BYU, they are probably underrated. There has been a revamping of the coaching staff. New OC-former QB Brandon Doman, new WR coach(Ben Cahoon, from the CFL-played as WR there), new TE coach I think. Bronco is still gonna run the defense this year, which is fine-cuz he completely turned it around from last year.

BYU should be pretty potent on offnse this year with Heaps taking his lumps last year and was pretty much reigned in IMO against TCU last year, but not so this year. Lots of talent returning at RB and WR, plus speedster Drew Phillips at RB, who redshirted last year and the most athletic of all the WR's-Ross Apo, TX decommit(redshirted last year). BYU should have a very, very well-rounded offense this year. O-line looks good with Matt Reynolds returning and not going pro.

The defense is gonna be great at the LB position, probably better than TCU's and deeper. Secondary, unsure. D-line, we'll see.

BYU could have a similar year like TCU's. Maybe 1-3 losses, but maybe not. I think Ole Miss will be harder than TX.

BYU should beat Utah at home and they lost guys on defense.

The only possible losses I think are maybe Ole Miss, TCU or Oregon-st. The rest should be wins. And BYU should probably be back in the top-25 this year.

asleep003

Hope all you homers are right, but not counting on all this cavalierish bravado! There's 6 very serious Bowl teams(4-2), with all having several more starters than us.The least is SDSU with 13 and SMU the most with 18. 4 of these games are on the road. We do have a great staff, but 8-9 starters returning is a definate rebuilding year and should be extremely pleased if we split these games, if one is realistic. We're not probably going to be nearly as methodical as 2010... but watchout 2012!

If we can get past Baylor in Waco in the opener, we'll have 2 games to build on with La-Monroe and Portland St. before SMU, which should be one of the 3 toughest games of the 6. We'll not be so wonderful that we can't be snuck up on by a CSU or like team. Believe the rushing game may have to carry us in the begining... if that new O-Line can get us past a tough and talented Baylor team.

Gunner

No way!!! We will be fine.

If you plan to beat TCU, you better do it early, while the QB's are getting a grip. Baylor has the best chance, but I doubt they can get that whipping last year, out of their minds...After Pachall gets a few games under his belt, we will score some and with the defense we got coming back, watch out..

Our biggest challenge next year will be "interceptions". Freshmen QB's just simply cannot read defenses, and tend to throw into coverage. Dalton threw a bunch of intercepts his freshman year. I suspect we will limit our passing game to keep INT's down, and that will hold down our scoring. But you better bring your offensive A game if you plan to score on this bunch...

Gunner

Noticed the ol' QB commentator for the Mtn picked us fourth recently. That is just flat out cow towing to the remaining members. He knows better, but will find out soon...

Boise will be hard at their place. But even that is hard to predict..

I wouldn't underestimate Rocky Long. He's a fine coach and did a respectable job at New Mexico, which is a tough assignment. He kept some of his coaches and I don't expect them to go backwards, at all. In fact, their recruiting class stayed pretty much intact after Hoke left... Lots of players in California...

HToady

I still say we go undefeated next year again. The schedule us not that strong and the bar has been set. We continue to reload every year. Have faith

Texas Longhorns though they would be "reloading" last year too. We must face the reality that in college, losing a heavy senior laden group will cause a dropoff. It won't be much, but we won't be Rose Bowl caliber.

However, first year in the Big East, could be something special.

Houston Frog

Texas Longhorns though they would be "reloading" last year too. We must face the reality that in college, losing a heavy senior laden group will cause a dropoff. It won't be much, but we won't be Rose Bowl caliber.

However, first year in the Big East, could be something special.

Yeah, if it can happen to Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas, it can happen to TCU. I'm not saying it will happen, but to imply that we simply reload at this point and anything less isn't an option, is being unrealistic.