• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Scenario 1 is a rare exception to my rule. It’s always important to spend time with family. Scenario 2 that Phoenix is a better vacation destination is false.

I guess that makes you just a partial idiot.
Memphis and Houston are better winter destinations than Scottsdale? You enjoy different things than I do. I’ll take hiking and golfing over whatever it is one would do in Houston. I can drive down there any weekend. Boring option. Memphis is fun but only if you want to go out on Beal Street and if you enjoy getting mugged.

Virginia Frog

That bowl will be have more in attendance than ours.
True, but...
Houston is double the population of Phoenix. Non-affiliated fan base will be much larger.
TCU vs any SEC there - even Vandy - would have been a much better ticket selling outcome for them than BU for the Texas "Empty Seat" Bowl, IMO.

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

Okay.... why are not playing a 6-6 SEC team in an NFL stadium in Texas that are fans could have driven and or Ubered to the game. Totally stinks. I have a feeling there is going to be no one at this game and I sure hope they don't force our band members and cheer teams to miss and or drastically cut their Christmas vacation for this awful decision. This thing will really backfire on them if Cal wins and Baylor trashes Vanderbilt. No way CDC would have been sold to let this happen. He would sold Gary on the benefits of playing in Houston. Really disappointing here.

Mean Purple

True, but...
Houston is double the population than Phoenix. Non-affiliated fan base will be much larger.
TCU vs any SEC - even Vandy - would have been a much better ticket selling outcome than BU for the Tx "empty Seat" Bowl, IMO.
Yes, ticket sales would have been better with us there. And more TCU people would have attended the Liberty as well. Texas usually has a better payout.

Mean Purple

Okay.... why are not playing a 6-6 SEC team in an NFL stadium in Texas that are fans could have driven and or Ubered to the game. Totally stinks. I have a feeling there is going to be no one at this game and I sure hope they don't force our band members and cheer teams to miss and or drastically cut their Christmas vacation for this awful decision. This thing will really backfire on them if Cal wins and Baylor trashes Vanderbilt. No way CDC would have been sold to let this happen. He would sold Gary on the benefits of playing in Houston. Really disappointing here.
Agreed.

FBallFan123

Go back and find me a post where I said anything about Washington or USC as being good. You're mistaking me for someone else Einstein. And quit bringing Vandy up. I never said scat about them.

Dang wish I could call some of you thick mofo's (hint hint) what I'd say to your drunk and/or stupid donkey's (hint hint) in person.

Really living up to your name.

This was the original post you responded to...

Cal with wins over Washington and USC. Not bad.

CountryFrog

Oh, yeah, right. TCU really wanted a Dec. 26th bowl over a New Years Eve bowl.
You say New Year's Eve Bowl as if that puts The Texas Bowl on a pedastal but that's not really how it works anymore. The Texas Bowl is just another game that almost no one cares about outside of the two fan bases involved in it. It's very possible that TCU wanted Phoenix over Houston as a destination because that makes a better trip for the players, which is who this is supposed to be about.

But even if they didn't want Phoenix and even if Houston is some kind of preferred destination then I'm not sure why you feel like 6-6 TCU is entitled to anything over other 6-6 teams. If you want a "better" bowl then win more games.

CountryFrog

The bowl game isn't about the fans. It's about the players. I'm personally happy for them because I have no doubt most of them prefer a trip to Phoenix over a trip to Houston.

PurpleBlood87

10333-180dpi.jpg
Wrong company I believe.

McFroggin

Cal is 7-5, with wins over 10-3 Washington, 6-6 BYU, 5-7 USC.

Vanderbilt is 6-6 with wins over 7-5 Nevada, 5-7 Ole Miss, 5-7 Tennessee.

Cal is better.

Opponent makes little difference. This bowl will guaranteed hurt us compared to Texas Bowl by less exposure, less $, less recruiting, and won’t fill our allotment without donating the tickets.