• The KillerFrogs

We’re Together Again. Let’s All Work to Stay That Way.

asleep003

During Hiphopfroggy's scholastic days he caught the Tri Delta variant the most. Think hiphop only caught the chi o and pi phi variants a couple of times each but boy were they great. And don't tell anyone but hiphop caught the Delta Gamma variant a couple of times as well, which may have been the skrongest variant of all, but for some reason nobody wanted anybody to know when one had caught the DG variant. I guess the DG variant had a bad reputation for being the nastiest of all the variants so hiphop had to keep that to himself.
Guess everyone, who went out with a DG in the 70s and 80s knew what the real acronym was for.

SwissArmyFrog

We were told not to wear masks during the entire first wave of CV. Then, after that wave was OVER, masks all of the sudden 'work'. This from the same man who also told us not to wear masks during H1N1 either because, "Masks might stop a few gross droplets, but no, don't wear masks."

When Fauci flip-flopped, he said his reason was so that medical professionals wouldn't run out of masks, lol!

Fauci knows better than anyone that with the stroke of a pen, masks could could have been made the country's #1 priority. Sales could have been temporarily rationed. Any shortage would have been *very* short-lived - he knows that. But it gets worse for him - he told people not to wear the very things he now says would have protected them!

LOL, "I know I said masks don't work...but now I say they do....and I told you not to wear them!" You can't make this crap up!

That first wave droned on and on. No masks necessary.

Then as the first wave ended, the first person I heard say we need to wear masks was a Dallas County judge, ol' Clay Jenkins! When it became clear I would have to buy some, I went to Walgreens, and the box I bought had a warning: "Warning: these masks will not protect you against coronavirus, or any other disease or infection."

Flu - a respiratory virus - kills 10K - 70K people every year, and hospitalizes more. Yet never have I heard of a doctor's office requiring masks in patient waiting room during flu season. And the doctors and nurses who will be seeing all those patients? No masks!

Think doctors offices want their doctors and nurses to get the flu? Heck no! But they don't wear masks. Never have. Why? Because masks "do not reduce the risk of contracting any disease or infection".

Some don't care about facts or science. Some do, but too many of their opponents are perfectly willing (and eager) to slander their good names and try to destroy their careers for daring to go against the party line.

I'm sure there are those at TCU who know all this. They also know that fighting the "Mask Up!" mob will be an incredible PITA. So sadly, the mob wins.

Remember the first wave. Masks not necessary. The science didn't change.

ITZt0k.png

CtByM6.png

Last edited:

Froglaw

things-that-make-you-go-bluh-ron-white.gif
Tyranny be damned. I'll worry about myself and my own. You worry about yourself and your own. Leave me the hell alone and keep the vaccine to your own body.

I love TCU, but this liberal path and pandering to the left they are doing makes it really hard.

Liberals are the delta variant...

Last edited:

vicarfrog

Protecting the Purple means the success of the coming year is up to you. We strongly urge every Horned Frog who is able to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to do so and to confirm their vaccine with TCU.

From TCU.edu, the official website of TCU. If you are a good frog who supports their alma mater then please pass this message along to support TCU having a successful fall semester.

Go Frogs!

It’s Great to Be Back on Campus

Now that we're back to an in-person fall semester, it’s up to every one of us to take personal responsibility for our health and well-being. TCU will continue to stay vigilant in its public health efforts by offering COVID-19 vaccines and testing at the Brown-Lupton Health Center.

For the safety of the Horned Frog family, we’ll continue to update our COVID-19 case counts and conduct contact tracing.

Here’s What We Can Expect

While physical distancing is no longer required for campus events and activities—both indoors and outdoors—unvaccinated students and employees are expected to continue practicing physical distancing. Class sizes are limited to provide space for students and faculty who self-select to physically distance in classrooms.

Due to the current Tarrant County Community Spread Level of “High Transmission,” TCU now requires that face masks be worn in all indoor campus spaces to help protect the health and safety of our community.

August 10, 2021

Health & Safety Guidance Update: Masks Required Indoors

Due to Tarrant County’s current designation as an area of “High Transmission,” TCU will require that face masks be worn in all indoor campus spaces to help protect the health and safety of our community, effective immediately. This includes all indoor common areas such as classrooms and meeting and event spaces.

https://www.tcu.edu/protect-the-purple/index.php

So there you have it folks. TCU is going to do their part to help the community stop the spread. Let's all be good frogs and support TCU's initiative and our community by joining together and pledging to stop the spread by getting the vaccine, wearing masks, social distancing and frequently washing our hands. TCU grads are not townies, time to rise above the townie mentality and set a proud example of responsibility and compassion for our community. Do your part to help TCU be the leader that Fort Worth needs and ensure that TCU and all other organizations in our community are positioned for success, and not failure, in these uncertain times.

Go Frogs!

I actually respect your values. Clearly high up there for you is compassion and collective responsibility. While there is a place for "Don't tread on me," there's also a place for "E pluribus unum - out of many one." Here's what I am committed to:

1. I wore a mask for a year and a half. Dutifully and without complaining, because while I saw it as a "half-measure" at best, I wanted to look out for the at-risk because there was no vaccine. In Christianity this is called love for the "weaker brother." This chapter, however, is closed for me because...see #2

2. I am vaccinated with a vaccine that is doing outstandingly well against the Delta variant. It's doing a fantastic job of protecting me against infection and severe Covid and protecting others from getting it from me.

3. When me or my wife and kids are sick, we stay home because that's when the viral load is most intense.

4. If a "weaker brother" requests that I wear a mask in their presence, I oblige out of Christian love. But I do remind them that the vaccine is the closest thing we have to the silver bullet.

5. What I don't do is oblige mask mandates, because I view them as coercive and manipulative. They force ordinary people into the role of police, they tear down good-will, and most importantly they prolong the pandemic because it communicates we're back to square one. And out of love for the "weaker brother," I won't oblige mask mandates.

That is what I am committed to for the sake of my community.

asleep003

I actually respect your values. Clearly high up there for you is compassion and collective responsibility. While there is a place for "Don't tread on me," there's also a place for "E pluribus unum - out of many one." Here's what I am committed to:

1. I wore a mask for a year and a half. Dutifully and without complaining, because while I saw it as a "half-measure" at best, I wanted to look out for the at-risk because there was no vaccine. In Christianity this is called love for the "weaker brother." This chapter, however, is closed for me because...see #2

2. I am vaccinated with a vaccine that is doing outstandingly well against the Delta variant. It's doing a fantastic job of protecting me against infection and severe Covid and protecting others from getting it from me.

3. When me or my wife and kids are sick, we stay home because that's when the viral load is most intense.

4. If a "weaker brother" requests that I wear a mask in their presence, I oblige out of Christian love. But I do remind them that the vaccine is the closest thing we have to the silver bullet.

5. What I don't do is oblige mask mandates, because I view them as coercive and manipulative. They force ordinary people into the role of police, they tear down good-will, and most importantly they prolong the pandemic because it communicates we're back to square one. And out of love for the "weaker brother," I won't oblige mask mandates.

That is what I am committed to for the sake of my community.
Don't know whether to call your post abivolent or ambiguos ... vaccine is primarily to protect you and now, if your vaccinated, the mask is to protect others. Neither is perfect, but both together are needed during this terrible pandemic against the unvaccinated.

Children are dropping like flies compared to the original covid. So please, we all can pass it on to others. A proper mask is 70% protection and 2 people masked talking together is about 90% protection... not perfect, but much better than 2 bozos chatting together with no masks at all, during this existing terrible epidemic ... Christian or not !

vicarfrog

Don't know whether to call your post abivolent or ambiguos ... vaccine is primarily to protect you and now, if your vaccinated, the mask is to protect others. Neither is perfect, but both together are needed during this terrible pandemic against the unvaccinated.

Children are dropping like flies compared to the original covid. So please, we all can pass it on to others. A proper mask is 70% protection and 2 people masked talking together is about 90% protection... not perfect, but much better than 2 bozos chatting together with no masks at all, during this existing terrible epidemic ... Christian or not !

I appreciate your sense of care, I truly do. But the purpose of a vaccine is to prevent infection, thus also ensuring it doesn't spread to others. And if you do get infected, it dramatically minimize severity.

Listen, when the CDC is moderately pleased with a flu vaccine that gets to about 50% efficacy, I'd say 80-90% effective Covid vaccine (even against Delta) is pretty dang near perfect.

Masks and mandates are going to work against the vaccine. That's the goal right? Get vaccinated? Unless the goalposts have moved again?

Look at Louisiana... their vaccination rate just jumped into overdrive. You know why? Because the unvaccinated are starting to feel the pinch. That's human nature... sometimes you have to feel the heat under your feet.

For what it's worth, I have some dear friends who are unvaxxed. They don't want it, and as far as I am concerned they have drank the kool-aid on fringe science. However, they don't want me to "save them" by wearing a mask in their presence. They have assumed that risk upon themselves because that's what sentient adults do. They make choices and take on the risk. Sometimes out of love you have to let people live with their choices. And believe me, I encourage them to get vaccinated.

As to children, no they're not impervious. But as it stands, I'm not seeing anything statistically speaking that shows the Delta variant to be worse. Right now, they're more at risk by depression, suicide, and substance abuse..oh..and crossing the street. Is the Delta variant vastly more contagious? Yes. Worse? As worse as the original, yes.

vicarfrog

My God this thread sucks

I can see how you can feel that way.

I think it depends on what your expectation is. Football and conference alignment convo? Yes, this thread sucks. A debate where people are becoming more centered? Yes, this thread sucks. A risk-free "lab" that helps clarify your own arguments and sense of things? Personally, I think that's pretty cool.

asleep003

I appreciate your sense of care, I truly do. But the purpose of a vaccine is to prevent infection, thus also ensuring it doesn't spread to others. And if you do get infected, it dramatically minimize severity.

Listen, when the CDC is moderately pleased with a flu vaccine that gets to about 50% efficacy, I'd say 80-90% effective Covid vaccine (even against Delta) is pretty dang near perfect.

Masks and mandates are going to work against the vaccine. That's the goal right? Get vaccinated? Unless the goalposts have moved again?

Look at Louisiana... their vaccination rate just jumped into overdrive. You know why? Because the unvaccinated are starting to feel the pinch. That's human nature... sometimes you have to feel the heat under your feet.

For what it's worth, I have some dear friends who are unvaxxed. They don't want it, and as far as I am concerned they have drank the kool-aid on fringe science. However, they don't want me to "save them" by wearing a mask in their presence. They have assumed that risk upon themselves because that's what sentient adults do. They make choices and take on the risk. Sometimes out of love you have to let people live with their choices. And believe me, I encourage them to get vaccinated.

As to children, no they're not impervious. But as it stands, I'm not seeing anything statistically speaking that shows the Delta variant to be worse. Right now, they're more at risk by depression, suicide, and substance abuse..oh..and crossing the street. Is the Delta variant vastly more contagious? Yes. Worse? As worse as the original, yes.
I'll go with the science ... not Abbott Max News DeSantis Onan The Pillow Guy FOX Johnson Qanon or you.... Just check the Hospital Beds available in the Red Bozo States. My heart goes out to them and the poor souls that can't get in for a bypass.