• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

TCUSA

people saying Aundre Dean will step up.....

dude is 3rd string, partially 4th string behind a true freshman for a reason. He just isnt very good.

this really blows. Did not think Ed Wesley and Waymon James would be gone before the Virginia game a few months ago.

I disagree. He's looked very good when he's had a chance in games (tho I can't speak to his performance in practice). I've wondered why he didn't get more playing time, but understood that Wesley and Tucker were carrying the load. When James came in, he understandably fell to 4th. I've not been impressed with Catalon from what I've seen of him, so he must be showing a lot of stuff in practice that hasn't made it to the field yet.

One other possibility if we decide we really need some help at TB this season is that Brandon Carter averaged over 11 yards a carry and had over 1200 yards his senior year in high school. I bet he could make the transition and keep us very happy.

D-Fens Foster

Amazing how the rumor in this thread, coupled with the medical opinions of non-medical professionals based on a video clip, have caused so many people to be completely convinced that there is no way this ISN'T true. It's almost like some of you want it TO be true.

Let's all take a chill pill, get back to work and wait for something more substantial than anonymous speculation.

....and hope that a good number of you don't get tricked into taking one of those "personality tests" from a Scientologist.

jake102

Let's all take a chill pill, get back to work and wait for something more substantial than anonymous speculation.

3oudox.jpg

Ron Swanson

I've not been impressed with Catalon from what I've seen of him, so he must be showing a lot of stuff in practice that hasn't made it to the field yet.

Did you watch the Grambling game? Cause he looked dynamite

I know it's Grambling and all, but still

EastTXFrog

Gary Patterson just died.....see I can do it too

Link? Does Randy Shannon take over? I wonder if Patterson knew that he was going to die during the season so he and CDC got togeter and picked Shannon as his successor? Brilliant move on GMFP's part. Think we will honor him on Saturday?

SwissArmyFrog

I thought Catalon looked GREAT against Grambling - yes, even taking into account it was Grambling.

I remember 2 carries he had vs. KU, and he was smothered in the backfield both times - didn't have time to really make a move to escape.

But after watching the Grambling game, I thought he was special - just the way he moved, cut, quickness, etc...

FROGDADDY

I disagree. He's looked very good when he's had a chance in games (tho I can't speak to his performance in practice). I've wondered why he didn't get more playing time, but understood that Wesley and Tucker were carrying the load. When James came in, he understandably fell to 4th. I've not been impressed with Catalon from what I've seen of him, so he must be showing a lot of stuff in practice that hasn't made it to the field yet.

One other possibility if we decide we really need some help at TB this season is that Brandon Carter averaged over 11 yards a carry and had over 1200 yards his senior year in high school. I bet he could make the transition and keep us very happy.

I'd say the chances of Carter playing RB are basically zero.

Goo

Can someone list all the starters lost? It is amazing and what really sucks is that the Big12 fans will be saying "yea, TCU was never that good, just weak competition, etc"

Off the top of my head

Deryck Gildon - starting LB (grades)
Ed Wesley - starting RB (NFL)
Waymon James - starting RB (injury)
Tanner Brock - starting LB (drugs)
Ross Forrest - starting DE (injury)
DJ Yendry - starting DT (drugs)
Ty Horn - starting OT (drugs)

and Carter Wall, Devin Johnson, Nykiren Wellington, etc

FROGDADDY

Can someone list all the starters lost? It is amazing and what really sucks is that the Big12 fans will be saying "yea, TCU was never that good, just weak competition, etc"

Off the top of my head

Deryck Gildon - starting LB (grades)
Ed Wesley - starting RB (NFL)
Waymon James - starting RB (injury)
Tanner Brock - starting LB (drugs)
Ross Forrest - starting DE (injury)
DJ Yendry - starting DT (drugs)
Ty Horn - starting OT (drugs)

and Carter Wall, Devin Johnson, Nykiren Wellington, etc

James Dunbar
Travosky Garrett?

jake102

James - RB (starter)
Garrett - CB (backup/starter)
Bryant - TE/FB (starter)
Brock - LB (starter)
Gildon - LB (starter)
Forrest - DE (starter)
Yendrey - DT
Horn - OT
Johnson - SS (backup/starter)
Heiss - LB
Wesley - RB (starter)
Roberts -DE
Grant -RB
Burks - LB
Dunbar - OT (potential starter)
Wall -OL
Battle - CB
Bailey - Safety
Wellington - OT

fanatical frog

While we're all waiting for news and hoping Waymon is OK........

Aundre Dean has 81 career carries for 404 yards and a 4.99 ypc average. Ain't too shabby considering most of those carries have been during mop up time when the other guys knew we were going to run the ball between the tackles.

Meanwhile, Matthew Tucker has 395 career carries for 2187 yards and a 5.53 ypc average.

Horrible blow for Waymon and the team if he has to miss some time but Tucker and Dean make for an excellent one-two tandem if it comes to that.

Goo

James - RB (starter)
Bryant - TE/FB (starter)
Brock - LB (starter)
Gildon - LB (starter)
Forrest - DE (starter)
Yendrey - DT
Horn - OT
Heiss - LB
Wesley - RB (starter)
Roberts -DE
Grant -RB
Burks - LB
Wall -OL
Battle - CB
Bailey - Safety
Wellington - OT

I forgot about Heiss concussions ending his career. That is 3 starting LBers lost in the last few months, pretty crazy in 4-2-4 to lose three starters to unforeseen injuries, etc.

jake102

Can Dean run the option (if we must run it)? Can Dean catch passes out of the backfield? Can Dean execute our pass blocking scheme correctly?

We know he can run the ball at a relatively high level, but can he do everything else that is required of a RB in our offense?

fanatical frog

James - RB (starter)
Bryant - TE/FB (starter)
Brock - LB (starter)
Gildon - LB (starter)
Forrest - DE (starter)
Yendrey - DT
Horn - OT
Heiss - LB
Wesley - RB (starter)
Roberts -DE
Grant -RB
Burks - LB
Wall -OL
Battle - CB
Bailey - Safety
Wellington - OT

And LaDarius Anthony didn't make it to campus......

Buddie of mine reffed a couple of games LaDarius played in and told me the frogs would never notice the difference between him and Jonathan Gray.......he might have been one of the biggest losses and we'll never know......

Meanwhile, Battle was a force-in-waiting at CB.....terrible blow.

If Patterson and staff can win eight or nine games with all these losses they should be coaching staff of the year.

JRaySports

Contributor
Patterson told the media yesterday that James is day-to-day. Also, Waymon got up and walked on his knee during the Kansas game. So unless he decided to go and tear his ACL yesterday in practice, I'm calling bs on this thread.