• The KillerFrogs

Walker Kelly

rascal2203

Noticed that Walker Kelly (famous for representing Ft. Worth in the Little League World Series) is not listed on this year's baseball roster. Did see a player profile page however with him listed as a junior. Anyone have any info on his whereabouts? He signed when he was a junior at Arlington Heights then had an arm injury and was never the same. Also, curious if Clint Renfro is still at school? Last I heard he had given up on football and was concentrating on track.
Thanks

ftwfrog

Noticed that Walker Kelly (famous for representing Ft. Worth in the Little League World Series) is not listed on this year's baseball roster. Did see a player profile page however with him listed as a junior. Anyone have any info on his whereabouts? He signed when he was a junior at Arlington Heights then had an arm injury and was never the same. Also, curious if Clint Renfro is still at school? Last I heard he had given up on football and was concentrating on track.
Thanks
Yup. Clint Renfro moved to track. Should be graduated by now.

Burner1

Tier 1
Renfro is not on the track roster. Think he had a year of eligibility left, but maybe he took a degree and moved on. Or gave up on sports altogether.

Kelly is not playing baseball for TCU this year. Google search did not turn him up anywhere else,either.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
In regards to Kelly, was it because he was overused in little league and high school?

Possibly. His dad was the coach of the little league world series team and they have rules about overuse, so it didnt happen there. It could have happened at Arlington Heights but I think that coach is fairly protective of his pitchers arms.

I know that when he injured it, he made the decision to go the non surgical route and try to heal naturally. In retrospect, maybe surgery would have been the best option. Just reading between the lines, I think the injury messed with his mind so in some cases he was beaten before he took the mound. I am certain about his decision to not have surgery but the rest is speculation on my part.

Its a shame, he had good velocity and could have been a contributor

JugbandFrog

Possibly. His dad was the coach of the little league world series team and they have rules about overuse, so it didnt happen there. It could have happened at Arlington Heights but I think that coach is fairly protective of his pitchers arms.

I know that when he injured it, he made the decision to go the non surgical route and try to heal naturally. In retrospect, maybe surgery would have been the best option. Just reading between the lines, I think the injury messed with his mind so in some cases he was beaten before he took the mound. I am certain about his decision to not have surgery but the rest is speculation on my part.

Its a shame, he had good velocity and could have been a contributor
I remember him from Middle school as I was the Oline Coach on that team. I remember him and a few other kids getting pulled from all sports to focus on baseball, or basketball. Lots of talent, but their parents were trying to make them stars. I tried to use the argument that it is focusing on becoming a competitor that is most important. The kid was a beast on the football field in Middle school.