• The KillerFrogs

Vicis Helmet

Froginbedford

Commissioner Bowlsby talked yesterday about the deal the league made with Vicis. Here is the new helmet, and it feels about twice as heavy as the Schutt TCU helmet on display (I don't have specific numbers), but how do you guys think this will impact play?

View attachment 4583 View attachment 4584 View attachment 4585 View attachment 4586 View attachment 4587

For comparison, here is the current Schutt helmet.

View attachment 4588

The attached power strip might slow down the action a bit....
I hope it’s pronounced Vicious and not Vichy.

Kudos for the Vichy reference....

Deep Purple

Came across my high school shoulder pads not long ago looking for something in the attic. Made me laugh a little. They were huge. On top of that had the old huge neck roll.
0ad1a1e3ec991034c3fb175dc6d26cff--ou-football-football-players.jpg

Shoulder pads I wore in 7th-8th grade ball (1960s) were fairly small and made of hard plastic attached to a mantle of leather and canvas backed by cotton batting. Thigh pads were pretty much the same. Hip and knee pads were 1/4" foam rubber. Helmet interior had foam rubber around the ears, but just canvas webbing everywhere else. No padding at all.

Wexahu

Shoulder pads I wore in 7th-8th grade ball (1960s) were fairly small and made of hard plastic attached to a mantle of leather and canvas backed by cotton batting. Thigh pads were pretty much the same. Hip and knee pads were 1/4" foam rubber. Helmet interior had foam rubber around the ears, but just canvas webbing everywhere else. No padding at all.

That explains a lot. :D

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Came across my high school shoulder pads not long ago looking for something in the attic. Made me laugh a little. They were huge. On top of that had the old huge neck roll.
0ad1a1e3ec991034c3fb175dc6d26cff--ou-football-football-players.jpg

Though neck rolls or omega collars have a purpose for the old heads up, hit what you see and see what you function-I just like the look back in the day when jerseys still had sleeves. Dede Terveen looked like robocop coming at you in that lavender.