• The KillerFrogs

UT dad goes crazy

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Which brings up my serious question-where are our sections in the lower bowl Saturday?
Don't think that we have any in the lower bowl anymore. They used to be 31-32 but I read somewhere that CDC turned those into the student sections and moved the visitors sections to the upper deck.

Mean Purple

Following a lot of the discussion on this thread. While I think we all agree the stadium was not a good place for that, there is a related reality that this brings to mind. Don't start [ Finebaum ], won't be no [ Finebaum ].

With the ever troubling and increasing helicopter parent, politically correct, beyond entitled kid raising, weak kneed sissy mentality that has been plaguing society, there has been a disturbing amount of snot noses who have never known consequence for their actions. I have friends who are school teachers who often tell me how bad it is getting. Punks disrespecting their elders, women, you name it. They "bully" other kids coming up because they can get away with it. As opposed to just a couple of decades ago when someone would have dropped them like a bad habit at new years. As a result, they don't understand the real world and that experience can make for a dangerous opponent. Especially if that opponent has been around the block a few times. (or even engaged in boxing on their local boys club for the summer. which is a lot of fun by the way)

Now it's punks popping of at people and when people give them the witch smacking they deserve … it's call mommy and get a lawyer time. Pathetic times, indeed.

I would suggest kicking the modern approaches aside and trying this:

Following a lot of the discussion on this thread. While I think we all agree the stadium was not a good place for that, there is a related reality that this brings to mind. Don't start [ steaming pile of Orgeron ], won't be no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

With the ever troubling and increasing helicopter parent, politically correct, beyond entitled kid raising, weak kneed sissy mentality that has been plaguing society, there has been a disturbing amount of snot noses who have never known consequence for their actions. I have friends who are school teachers who often tell me how bad it is getting. Punks disrespecting their elders, women, you name it. They "bully" other kids coming up because they can get away with it. As opposed to just a couple of decades ago when someone would have dropped them like a bad habit at new years. As a result, they don't understand the real world and that experience can make for a dangerous opponent. Especially if that opponent has been around the block a few times. (or even engaged in boxing on their local boys club for the summer. which is a lot of fun by the way)

Now it's punks popping of at people and when people give them the witch smacking they deserve … it's call mommy and get a lawyer time. Pathetic times, indeed.

I would suggest kicking the modern approaches aside and trying this:

Very well put. Political correctness and lack of consequences ate why we are where we are. Perfect example is Corey Booker’s flat out, bold faced lie during the Supreme Court hearings about being Spartacus. No consequences....

Froglaw

The last time I almost got into a fist fight was years ago at the TCU v ut game at the Ballpark in Arlington (new then).

I got great seats right behind home plate and right in front of 5 older ut fans. That were great, knew baseball, wonderful conversations.

Then there was one ut jerk who thought he could heckle.

Kids everywhere wearing purple and that gawd awful orange.

Everybody was tolerant until he started yelling out "Purple Fa??@ts).

When I turned to look at him and told him that there were kids present, he called me one too.

I stood and was prepared to go to jail after I beat this guy into a burnt orange pile of human waste.

The other older fans apologised and tried to calm me down while my wife went to get the cops.

The jerk just sat there, doing the double hook em signs with his hands and screaming go horns.

After a minute of refusing to stand up, I sat down and the guy left.

Arlington police finally showed up and wanted to talk to me about my behaviour until the other ut fans ratted their fellow Horn out for being a jerk.

Kinda ruined the day.

I still hate ut!

MTfrog5

Based on the Texas boards, the kids were USC students and came and took some seats after an older couple left. When the older couple left they refused to leave and the kid that got his ass beat was the aggressor and swung and another person. Probably not the entire truth but I can see that being possible.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
No, his oldest daughter is a HS senior.
NM1E17Y.gif