• The KillerFrogs

Upper deck construction

57Frog

It appears they are putting up the steel on the upper deck which I thought would not be ready this fall .
I know almost nothing about construction like this . However it doesn't keep me from wondering what's going on .
Go Frogs
Go construction crew . (Git 'er done )

10 Key Frog

I think the upper deck is supposed to at least have a shell of it done by start of season, but won't be operational for a game during the year. So basically the concrete slabs for seating may be put up there, but seating, concessions, plumbing, etc may not be.

ross

KMA
last I heard the club will not be finished but the outdoor seating for the club will be finished and used in 2011. also it is possible the the first 10 rows of the upper deck are finished and used. (the lack of rain certainly helps the construction schedule).

also likely that 2011 season sells out for all games just through season tickets (no walk ups)

Double D

Tier 1
Upper deck steel has to be hung first. Otherwise, if they did lower bowl steel first, they wouldn't be able to move giant crane North and South to hang upper deck steel.

So upper deck gets steel installed first then lower bowl.

the dutchman

Upper deck steel has to be hung first. Otherwise, if they did lower bowl steel first, they wouldn't be able to move giant crane North and South to hang upper deck steel.

So upper deck gets steel installed first then lower bowl.

the wisdom of the great double d = sheer brilliance

cdsfrog

last I heard the club will not be finished but the outdoor seating for the club will be finished and used in 2011. also it is possible the the first 10 rows of the upper deck are finished and used. (the lack of rain certainly helps the construction schedule).

also likely that 2011 season sells out for all games just through season tickets (no walk ups)

I take it you mean season tickets plus student alottment. Then on top of that they cant sell all the tickets, have to leave some open for opponents/GA

But most will be for sure

ross

KMA
I take it you mean season tickets plus student alottment. Then on top of that they cant sell all the tickets, have to leave some open for opponents/GA

But most will be for sure

I figure
25000 season tickets + 6000 student ticketss + 2000 opponent ticket = 33000 sellout

I figure
25000 season tickets + 6000 student ticketss + 2000 opponent ticket = 33000 sellout

Unfortunately, I doubt any of the teams coming to Ft. Worth will bring 2000 (Louisiana-Monroe, Portland St., SMU, UNM, CSU and UNLV).

Not that each game won't sell out.

ross

KMA
You might get 2k between all of those teams combined!

Probably true but savy Frog fans will go to those school's web sites to buy up their excess tickets leaving none for walk ups. My point being those who wait will get left out. 2011 tickets will be a premium.

SnoopFrogs11

It almost feels like it could be first come first serve this year, meaning buy your tickets early so you can get good seats. The stadium will be awesome when it's finally completed in 2012.

Opintel

Moderators
"Frogs1983, on 10 May 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:
You might get 2k between all of those teams combined!

ShadowFrog: Speaking of 2k - nice avatar."

I like purple. :biggrin:

Really, Smooo should have 2k - if for no other reason just to look at the improvements at ACS.

...and drool. :tongue:

OmniscienceFrog

Does anyone know how the new upper deck compares to the old in height? Just curious.

I don't "know", but would guess the height at the top of the seating area will be pretty similar to the old one. The overall height will probably be a little shorter though, without the press box on top.