• The KillerFrogs

Upper deck construction

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I don't "know", but would guess the height at the top of the seating area will be pretty similar to the old one. The overall height will probably be a little shorter though, without the press box on top.
I'm no mathlete nor do I have a hand-held GPS or a sextant handy but I recall GP said more than once that the west side would be as high after as before.

10 Key Frog

Shouldnt be any taller since wasn't the height of the old stadium built to be cognizant to keep the steeple point the tallest point on campus?

Deep Purple

Shouldnt be any taller since wasn't the height of the old stadium built to be cognizant to keep the steeple point the tallest point on campus?

Nope. The stadium was built as high as it needed to be to accommodate the planned seating. It's only chance that the Robert Carr Chapel steeple is higher. Several TCU structures are taller than the chapel, including both Amon Carter Stadium and the Brown-Lupton University Union. The steeple is highest only because the chapel is the tallest structure situated at the highest campus elevation. The BLUU sits at a 45-foot lower elevation and the stadium sits at about a 65-foot lower elevation.

It's a nice tradition to say that the chapel steeple is the highest structure on campus, but it's by chance, not particularly by design.

AEAfrog

Nope. The stadium was built as high as it needed to be to accommodate the planned seating. It's only chance that the Robert Carr Chapel steeple is higher. Several TCU structures are taller than the chapel, including both Amon Carter Stadium and the Brown-Lupton University Union. The steeple is highest only because the chapel is the tallest structure situated at the highest campus elevation. The BLUU sits at a 45-foot lower elevation and the stadium sits at about a 65-foot lower elevation.

It's a nice tradition to say that the chapel steeple is the highest structure on campus, but it's by chance, not particularly by design.

Thanks for the info. I always felt like I was walking uphill going towards east campus but I didn't realize it was that significant of an incline.