• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

LVH

My top realistic candidates if Dixon goes

1. Craig Smith, Utah State

2. Mark Schmidt, St. Bonaventure

3. Casey Alexander, Lipscomb

4. Brian Wardle, Bradley

Problem is that there isn't a strong crop of realistic non-retread mid major coaching candidates out there right now. Might even have to dip into the assistant coach waters or try to pick off a power conference coach.

CountryFrog

My top realistic candidates if Dixon goes

1. Craig Smith, Utah State

2. Mark Schmidt, St. Bonaventure

3. Casey Alexander, Lipscomb

4. Brian Wardle, Bradley

Problem is that there isn't a strong crop of realistic non-retread mid major coaching candidates out there right now. Might even have to dip into the assistant coach waters or try to pick off a power conference coach.
Is Dave Bliss available?

CountryFrog

All of these options make me want to vomit.

Dixon is scheissing his own alma mater. I am honestly in disbelief.
I can't pretend to have a great amount of knowledge of all the available coaches throughout college basketball to know how good or bad any of them would be here, but your second paragraph is spot on.

Eight

Doesn’t matter if they are signed, if they want to re-open they will and probably will be eligible immediately wherever they go.

great, so why rush the hire?

if dixon is leaving, if noi is leaving which i suspect would lead to lat following, if bane is leaving, and the recruiting class is in jeopardy you need to find the right guy to build a program and not someone to keep a few kids

that is the difference here to me. dixon won games, but right now there are big holes in this program even if he stays, bane stays, noi stays, and even with the 3 recruits there are big roster holes.

tcu is in a bind because as we speak half of dixon's first three classes are gone. whomever coaches here next year will have to deal with that be it jamie or the next coach.

you need someone who can build a program and that is the first priority and not rushing to keep 3 kids who as we have seen could possibly be gone faster than many thought.

Last edited:

LVH

All of these options make me want to vomit.

Dixon is scheissing his own alma mater. I am honestly in disbelief.

My main issue with Casey Alexander is he runs a gimmick style offense that I am not sure would be cut out to win championships in the Big 12.

I think Craig Smith is by far and away the best realistic candidate we can get from the mid major ranks, look at how South Dakota did before and after his tenure and he took Utah State to the MWC regular season and conference tournament title in his first year. The guy can coach.

LoudFrog

With all of the transfers, we will have a hard time staying eligible for postseason in the coming years. What is the rule for amount of graduates that we need in order to remain eligible for postseason?

wilson912

My main issue with Casey Alexander is he runs a gimmick style offense that I am not sure would be cut out to win championships in the Big 12.

I think Craig Smith is by far and away the best realistic candidate we can get from the mid major ranks, look at how South Dakota did before and after his tenure and he took Utah State to the MWC regular season and conference tournament title in his first year. The guy can coach.

What about Ryan Miller or Scott Cross? We know Miller can recruit. Apparently Cross can coach.