• The KillerFrogs

Top 10 plays of the decade

Frog-in-law1995

Didn’t we have a thread similar to this not long ago? Or was that just top home game moments?

Most of my top ten have already been mentioned, but I’ll go on record with:
2 point conversion in Boise
Doctson/Green tipped pass at Tech
Mallett’s stop of Perine
Tank’s knockdown
Boykin’s long TD run against K State in 2015
pick 6 in Atlanta
Hill to Reagor against Stanford
4th down stop against Baylor
Boyce against WVU
and DA’s run against Ohio State

honorable mention to the Boykin/Holgo high five, Listenbee’s Peach Bowl TD to Green, Texada’s pick 6 against Baylor, Oberkrom’s 2014 game winner at WVU, Catalon’s kickoff return against LSU, Doctson’s one-hander, Doctson’s leaping catch/TD against OK State, Bram’s sideline dance TD/feed me celebration,

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Or is 2020 the 1st year of the 3rd decade of the 21st century?
I lean toward this. I did not consider my self to be in my 30’s when I was 40. It definitely became the 2000’s, al least culturally, when the clock hit midnight 1999 (and we all died from Y2K). 2020 belongs in the 20’s not the Teen’s.

Frog-in-law1995

There’s no “leaning” involved. It’s not subjective. Unlike your age, the Gregorian calendar started on year 1, not year 0. Here’s a test. Count to ten. Did you start with “zero” and end with “nine?” No? Then 2019 is not the last year of the decade.

froginmn

There’s no “leaning” involved. It’s not subjective. Unlike your age, the Gregorian calendar started on year 1, not year 0. Here’s a test. Count to ten. Did you start with “zero” and end with “nine?” No? Then 2019 is not the last year of the decade.
Opposing viewpoint, depending upon how you define a decade:

Was 1990 part of the '90s or the '80s?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m aware of the calendar. Culturally it’s different. That’s all. If I mention the 80’s do you think of 1990?

Frog-in-law1995

I’m aware of the calendar. Culturally it’s different. That’s all. If I mention the 80’s do you think of 1990?

no, but I’m not talking about “the 80s” or “the 10s” (or whatever you call it). “the 80s” and “the 9th decade of the 20th century are different measurements.

froginmn

I think we started out asking if the decade will be over. If the decade is the teens, then the answer is yes. If we're going mathematical, then no.

Frog-in-law1995

I think we started out asking if the decade will be over. If the decade is the teens, then the answer is yes. If we're going mathematical, then no.

Agreed. I wasn’t trying to start a whole philosophical debate. I just kept it going because I like to slap Peace around whenever I get the chance.

Last edited:

Purp

Agreed. I wasn’t trying to start a whole philosophical debate. I just kept it going because I like to slap Peace around whenever I get the chance.
I think it has more to do with you wanting to reemphasize your Eagle Scout super nerd bonafides and drop Gregorian calendar knowledge on the board. Now go darn off and watch a ballet or something. Oh, and bring me back some beignets if it ain't too late.

Frog-in-law1995

I think it has more to do with you wanting to reemphasize your Eagle Scout super nerd bonafides and drop Gregorian calendar knowledge on the board. Now go darn off and watch a ballet or something. Oh, and bring me back some beignets if it ain't too late.

Ruby Slipper on Magazine St just off Canal as we speak. I’ll throw a couple beignets in a to go box.

YTmRNeJ.jpg