• The KillerFrogs

Too Bad for the Frogs

IronSkillet

Dude, I'm not Mac lol. I just saw it mentioned before that he was outed on here and was hoping to find a link to the thread or at least an explanation of what happened?

ZeeFrog

@ first i wasnt a fan of the BE move, but i'm old, hardheaded plus i like tradition. however upon further review i'm thankful to be in the BE.

i'm concerned about the BB schools. i still believe the BB schools and FB schools will separate into two different conference. (and this could be the logical point but at what point does the BB league get to be too big?) it maybe less about the the B1G, ACC raiding the BE and more about the BB catholic schools pushing the FB schools out.

uTwhornes could be the saving grace providing schools for a revised BE conference. but make no mistake about it, the bigX is a dead man walking and i wouldn't want any part of it. TCU has thankfully moved on much to my initial dismay.

Pharm Frog

gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan… gorfevitan…

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yes, UT needs us. With A&M almost certainly going, the BIG XII is getting pretty thin for actual football programs. If more exits happen, then one of two things happens: 1.) UT just says "That's it, we're going indy." or, 2.) "We'll just invite some more schools in and keep the BIG XII trademark, TV deal, etc.

If #2 is the direction they will head, then they don't have to look very far for a program that will fill the legitimacy void created by the departure of other decent programs. After TCU, there really isn't much to choose from. U of H? Rice? UTEP?

They need us.

Of course, as stated earlier, anybody they fill into the blanks will be instantly elevated to the proper status in the Media, just so UT continues to look good.

The best possible outcome of all this would be for A&M to win the BIG XII going away, dealing UT its 6th loss of the season in the final regular season game. Then leave. The Longhorn Network would be struggling for content at that point...

Go Rice!

olson214

And which conference will be the first to lose their Bc$ AQ status? Big East looks to be in good shape. Big 12 not so much...

Any bets the SEC is politicking to have two AQ's in the Bc$ from their conference? When they get to 16 teams, don't be surprised......

Gunner

I don't think TCU has made a material mistake since they hired Fran and GP. That was a miracle. Fran left, and we were all p-ooed and look what happened. :biggrin:

TCUSA

Everybody should know by now that UT is a cancer. It sucks the life out of any organization it's a part of. That's DeLoss Dodds. He doesn't know the words "colleague" or "team." He'll ride any org into the ground because they're "BY GOD TEXAS" and deserve a status that cannot possibly be achieved on this planet.

Gunner

1) A&M going to the SEC. Frogs should be going to the SEC, instead of A&M, or along with A&M. Not being mentioned in the same breath, however.

2) Remaining members of Big 12 will look to bring in new conference members. TCU not being mentioned, but, of all things, Houston is. Gracious, me! Houston over TCU?

TCU would be insane to entertain an offer from the SEC or the Big 12. They have just been given the greatest media gift of all time and you won't us to leave. Give me a break!

Ags are idiots for making this goofy decision. Just watch, they've relegated themselves to many, many "more" years of mediocrity. I bet Missouri and Louisville are not so stupid. Ags let ego get in their way of common sense..just like BYU...

One thing that is helping the BE is the upcoming contract negotiation with NBC, Fox, and ESPN... The bidding war is coming and alot of people want a piece of all the money.. They have the population and the TV market.

Frog52

If the Big East can hold itself together and successfully pursue a quality addition or two (think Notre Dame, Boston College, Kansas and/or Boise State and BYU as football only members), we'll be set for another 4-5 or so years to continue building or programs and strengthening our resume for whatever comes next. That's all we can really do. So, the BE needs to go make some things happen to strengthen itself. They (and we) need to think big. Notre Dame... Boston College... Kansas... etc.

Froggy Style

Yes, UT needs us. With A&M almost certainly going, the BIG XII is getting pretty thin for actual football programs. If more exits happen, then one of two things happens: 1.) UT just says "That's it, we're going indy." or, 2.) "We'll just invite some more schools in and keep the BIG XII trademark, TV deal, etc.

I don't think this is true. UT just ran off A&M on purpose so that A&M is the bad guy on UT's journey to becoming independent. UT may try to bring TCU down on the way by trying to get us out of our Big East agreement to join a conference they know they won't be a part of when they leave the conference (again) in a year or two.

I think the powers that be at TCU are on the UT's game. Quick review:

1. They sabotaged the SWC to join the Big 12
  2. They forced Nebraska to leave with their greed
  3. They convinced the PAC 12 to expand, running off Colorado and ruining the MWC with Utah's departure
  4. They convinced BYU to go independent, shutting down the MWC (and trying to kill TCU's conference)
  5. They forced A&M's hand with they're own network trying to kill off the Big 12 and start a consolidation of division I which would free up more dollars for themselves (and possibly kill off TCU's new conference)

UT is scared of any competition for their dollars. Pure greed, plain and simple.

frogtwang

I don't think this is true. UT just ran off A&M on purpose so that A&M is the bad guy on UT's journey to becoming independent. UT may try to bring TCU down on the way by trying to get us out of our Big East agreement to join a conference they know they won't be a part of when they leave the conference (again) in a year or two.

I think the powers that be at TCU are on the UT's game. Quick review:

1. They sabotaged the SWC to join the Big 12
  2. They forced Nebraska to leave with their greed
  3. They convinced the PAC 12 to expand, running off Colorado and ruining the MWC with Utah's departure
  4. They convinced BYU to go independent, shutting down the MWC (and trying to kill TCU's conference)
  5. They forced A&M's hand with they're own network trying to kill off the Big 12 and start a consolidation of division I which would free up more dollars for themselves (and possibly kill off TCU's new conference)

UT is scared of any competition for their dollars. Pure greed, plain and simple.
That's a borderline angst conspiracy plan. So all of this is just an attempt destroy TCU?

Froggy Style

That's a borderline angst conspiracy plan. So all of this is just an attempt destroy TCU?

No, it's an attempt to shrink division I down so there is more money for UT. If Utah and BYU had stayed in the MWC for another year, it would have forced the NCAA to give the MWC an auto bid and keep all conferences around. UT, in conjunction with ESPN and the PAC 10, made sure that did not happen. It may have been UT's 5th or 6th priority, but you can bet reducing local competition was a positive on their pros and cons list. They've know they were going indy for some time now. Why play around with the PAC 10 and Big 12? They're pulling the strings to their master plan.

Why act like you want to be in a conference with Houston or TCU? They've already blown up that conference before because it didn't fit their taste.

UT fans are livid right now that TCU is ranked #2 while UT goes 5-7; not that it means we're on their top five list of things to worry about, but it's still out there. That puts enormous pressure on their higher ups. If they can take TCU out on their way to independence, you can bet they will try to do it. If you don't think they want to reduce competition around them after watching the way they are blowing up everything around them without regard to ANY of their conference-mates, then you're not paying attention very closely. It's not conspiracy, it's just greed run amok.