• The KillerFrogs

Too Bad for the Frogs

NativeFrog

1) A&M going to the SEC. Frogs should be going to the SEC, instead of A&M, or along with A&M. Not being mentioned in the same breath, however.

2) Remaining members of Big 12 will look to bring in new conference members. TCU not being mentioned, but, of all things, Houston is. Gracious, me! Houston over TCU?

Waccy Frog

The sense I get down here in Austin is that TCU is seen as an unlikely candidate because they wouldn't want to com; not because they aren't wanted. I mean, Houston? They are just struggling.

WIN

If ags go to sec, big if because aggies can screw this up as well as anybody, then I see no reason to be in big 12 because the aggies are not there.

tcumaniac

rolleyes.gif

roddog

Banned
1) A&M going to the SEC. Frogs should be going to the SEC, instead of A&M, or along with A&M. Not being mentioned in the same breath, however.

2) Remaining members of Big 12 will look to bring in new conference members. TCU not being mentioned, but, of all things, Houston is. Gracious, me! Houston over TCU?

adding houston is laughable and not going to happen!

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Really Mac, what's the point of this thread. Almost no frog fan wants to join the sinking ship that is the Big 12-3, and I would be shocked if the TCU admin was. That's a really, really poor attempt to get some negative quotes for your blog. Incredibly transparent and unbelievably unprofessional. Have you absolutely no journalistic ethics?

West Coast Johnny

The sense I get down here in Austin is that TCU is seen as an unlikely candidate because they wouldn't want to com; not because they aren't wanted. I mean, Houston? They are just struggling.

Univ. of Houston is the politically correct candidate considering that A&M is a government institution. Houston gets the place in the Big 12 because of politics.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's quite simple: TCU would tell DeLoss "No." And DeLoss knows it.

And, BTW, stop referring to the entity known as the "BIG XII" as such. In point of fact, it is UT and the little Conference they control. It is splintering because UT is calling all the shots, and taking all the money. Greed is destroying what was once the BIG XII, just as UT greed destroyed the old SWC. We at TCU have been down that road before, and having made our own fortune, are not willing to forget everything that has come to pass since then and willingly place the burnt orange shackles on ourselves. Baylor and Tech are happy to jangle their chains from time to time, but TCU has better things to do than be content to be a victim of UT in the future.

UT needs us, but we don't need UT.

Perhaps UT can ask UH and Rice? They're not particularly busy at the moment. I'm sure they be glad to be paid a little more money to be a UT punching bag. The upside for them is fabulous! All of the Media Sportswriting UT Lickspittles who currently deride and ridicule these fine institutions would suddenly see the light and tell us what storied, steeped-in-tradition programs they truly are, and how UT is really toughening up their Conference by inviting them. Yes, they would achieve Instant Media Resurrection just by accepting the invite.

Pathetic...

4th. down

Nothing with UT except in a bowl game or home and home basketball.

We are right where we should be in the BE. Realistically, we should be a contender for a BCS Bowl 3 out of 5 yrs. and Basketball? Why SEC or anywhere else, we are in the best basketball league possible. Our administration has done a fantastic job of placing us where we can continue to prosper.

Deep Purple

UT needs us, but we don't need UT.
Uuummm.... bit of an overstatement there. UT certainly doesn't need us. But we don't need them either.

For the past 16 years, we've forged our football path independently of UT. Baylor and Texas Tech quake at the prospect of being divorced from UT and forced to survive on their own -- but we long ago discovered that we can get along perfectly fine without the Horns.