• The KillerFrogs

This Is A Bad Football Team

At this point in the season even the die hard purple cool aid drinking fans have to admit this is a bad football team. The offense looks like the island of misfit toys. The QB is getting worse each and every week. You almost have to try and be as careless with the football as he is. Special teams are anything but special. Coaching has mailed it in. The only group with any pride or stomach for the fight is the defense. All of you who belittled those who questioned whether this team would reach bowl eligibility hopefully can now see what a dumpster fire this team truly is. 4-8 if the frogs are lucky 3-8 looks way more likely. Next week is going to be truly sad as this bad team has given up.

DaCrief

OP may sound like he is overreacting by he is correct. I had that realization during tonight’s game while watching the team’s body language as they committed penalty after brain-dead penalty. Starting with a foolish block in the back to begin the game. They simply are no discipled at all. Crucial false starts are a sign of lack of discipline which only bleeds into missed blocking assignments. We are mentally a damn mess...and that might have been the hardest part to watch Tonight

DelFrog

Teams either get better or they get worse as the season progresses and it's pretty obvious as to which direction this TCU squad is heading. Also, bad football teams tend to beat themselves and with 14 turnovers in their last 4 games that is exactly what this team has done.

jake102

Yeah, we are a pretty bad team. OL is a total disaster suddenly and QB gets worse. Even the RBs suck now.

WRs were the lone offensive bright spot

Oh and yank all of our punters scholarships. Can’t stand watching teams like aTm boom the ball and flip the field and our guys are lucky to kick it 40 yards

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Seems like the norm when we have a a new QB. We aren’t Alabama, we don’t reload. We seem to suffer the pain for a season, then people grow up. We’ll be fine, maybe not this year, but we seem to rebound with experience.

DeuceBoogieNights

I dont know. The defense isn't that bad. Its primarily the offense. Say what you want about Robinson but if he cuts that INT number in half we've probably got at least 1 more win. Not trying to blame it on one or two people, but we are making mistakes at key positions. We have playmakers on offense, its just issues at 2 or 3 positions imo.

SportsJunkie

We definitely look like a badly coached mid major team.

We plateaued a couple of years ago .

Time to start searching for a new head coach coach. GP is getting tired and should only focus on defense. Clearly, there is a huge disconnect somewhere

Frogs1983

This team looks NOTHING like the team who played the first half against Ohio State. That game showed the potential of what this team could do, but somewhere along the way, our QB lost his mojo, the O Line started getting curb stomped, and now our D is expected to pitch a shutout every game in order for us to have any chance of winning.

MAcFroggy

Yeah, we are a pretty bad team. OL is a total disaster suddenly

It is pretty clear that our starting OGs are substantially better than their backups. I know that is not the only reason the offense is sputtering, but I am pretty confident that it is a very large contributing factor.

Honestly the only bright spots so far on the offensive side of the ball this year have been Niang continuing to improve, Hollins stepping up at the center position, and Reagor continuing to be awesome. Anderson has been less than impressive (aside from tOSU game), Sewo has been about as expected, Robinson has disappointed, and most of the recieving corp has been average to below average.

jake102

It is pretty clear that our starting OGs are substantially better than their backups. I know that is not the only reason the offense is sputtering, but I am pretty confident that it is a very large contributing factor.

Honestly the only bright spots so far on the offensive side of the ball this year have been Niang continuing to improve, Hollins stepping up at the center position, and Reagor continuing to be awesome. Anderson has been less than impressive (aside from tOSU game), Sewo has been about as expected, Robinson has disappointed, and most of the recieving corp has been average to below average.

I thought only Cordel is out? Who is the other starting OG out?

Even Hollins has his moments. He missed a couple key blocks last night.

Anderson and Sewo are really disappointing to me. They seem to have bad attitudes and are letting it affect their play.

I think we FINALLY saw a better set of WRs last night.... why have we been hiding A. Davis? He looked great! Hunt and Stephens both look like guys who can contribute. Meeking looked painfully slow out there.

MAcFroggy

Anderson and Sewo are really disappointing to me. They seem to have bad attitudes and are letting it affect their play.

I think we FINALLY saw a better set of WRs last night.... why have we been hiding A. Davis? He looked great! Hunt and Stephens both look like guys who can contribute. Meeking looked painfully slow out there.

I think you are right. I guess we just have not figure out who needs to be our there for the other guard position. Just confused with all the offensive line combinations this year.

MinFrog

So if Lynn catches that ball, I am 90% confident we win last night.

If about two plays go differently in the UT and OSU game, i am 90% confident we win those.

I am not saying we are a top 10 team, but it seems like we are just a few plays away from being 5-1 or 6-0, right?

netty2424

Peterson said this week we were short two OL. Didn’t notice who the other was.

jake102

If about two plays go differently in the UT and OSU game, i am 90% confident we win those.

I am not saying we are a top 10 team, but it seems like we are just a few plays away from being 5-1 or 6-0, right?

I was there prior to this past game. But after watching the offense just be totally inept, I think it's more of the rule rather than the exception. The OL has collapsed completely... if they get healthy and return to Ohio State version, we can be pretty good.

netty2424

We’re about 10 turnovers from being a pretty good team.