• The KillerFrogs

Things I Miss

KXOL...1360....
Band was probably I.M. Terrell High School...several alumni who became professionally known...right now the only name that comes to mind is Ornette Coleman....
That little building is where the most famous harmonica lick of all time was laid down by FW’s Delbert McClinton on “Hey Baby”. I think “Hey Paula” was also recorded there.

Brog

Hard to believe but many younger folks today have no idea what an Oldsmobile was. I remember I bought my first Cutlass Supreme at Bob Cambell's Western Olds on Camp Bowie.
Makes me remember when my wife and I took a deep breath and decided we needed two cars, so bought a brand new Volkswagen from the location at the corner of University and White settlement. Deep breath because it cost us $1,700, and where would that come from?

ftwfrog

Abermathy’s. Had many a crazy night there.

Sandage before they turned it all into those dorms.

Jon’s Grille. Something about their swiss cheese.

The ol’ Burgers and Chinese Food stand.

The Pit in the student center.
People might want to fight me on this, but Dutch’s is better than Jon’s Grille.

And Buff Bros is 10x better than Fat Harry’s.

Showtime Joe 2.0

That little building is where the most famous harmonica lick of all time was laid down by FW’s Delbert McClinton on “Hey Baby”. I think “Hey Paula” was also recorded there.
And playing drums on both "Hey Baby" and "Hey Paula" was a former Horned Frog student who'd go on to become a rockabilly legend, the late Ronnie "the Blond Bomber" Dawson.

And playing drums on both "Hey Baby" and "Hey Paula" was a former Horned Frog student who'd go on to become a rockabilly legend, the late Ronnie "the Blond Bomber" Dawson.
That little area around the museums was very musical. Over on Bryce Ave, one block north of Camp Bowie, by the Kimball in the 1930’s lived the TCU professor who wrote either the lyrics or the music for the State song “Texas Our Texas”. A couple blocks down, around 3100 Bryce lived Milton Brown, the real father of Texas swing. Bob Wills was in the “Brownies” and took over after Milton died from complications from a car wreck on Jacksboro Highway.

FrawgHawg

KXOL...1360....
Band was probably I.M. Terrell High School...several alumni who became professionally known...right now the only name that comes to mind is Ornette Coleman....
KXOL...1360....
Dewey Redman & Prince Lachaise(sp?)

Froginbedford

Makes me remember when my wife and I took a deep breath and decided we needed two cars, so bought a brand new Volkswagen from the location at the corner of University and White settlement. Deep breath because it cost us $1,700, and where would that come from?
First car I bought was used...bought from a friend...father's banker approved the loan...Dad was horrified that my payments would be $95-something a month....Said he would never pay that much for any car...1970....

Froginbedford

That little area around the museums was very musical. Over on Bryce Ave, one block north of Camp Bowie, by the Kimball in the 1930’s lived the TCU professor who wrote either the lyrics or the music for the State song “Texas Our Texas”. A couple blocks down, around 3100 Bryce lived Milton Brown, the real father of Texas swing. Bob Wills was in the “Brownies” and took over after Milton died from complications from a car wreck on Jacksboro Highway.
William Marsh was the TCU professor....

No love for The Library?

Had some good times there.

And the Summerhill House! Old Pete took his daily beating from his wife like a man.

I miss drag racing back behind where Red, Hot & Blue is now, what is now Bellaire Ranch Drive. Never lost in my Shelby GT500!

The water balloon slingshot out of the Kappa Sig and Sigma Chi top floor windows was fun, too!

Brog

OK, just to keep the old codgers segment of this going, I miss church services where the goal wasn't to top Saturday Night Live and extreme wokeness and where the pastor is either a long-haired female or a male who dresses like he's headed for the bar.

WIN

Miss being able to go on the field after the football games, that was great as a kid and legal. Miss the old fight song. Miss the ramps in the old stadium. Miss West Side Stories, Daily Double, Spencer's Palace, Wedgwood Bowl, TCU Theater.