• The KillerFrogs

"These are all known drug dealers"

Opintel

Moderators
Very poor judgement on his part to say the things he did. Plus, he looked like he was enjoying his time in the spotlight way too much.

I have to give the Chief a no confidence vote. If I had a vote.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
The one who was misidentified by the FWPD. He wasn't connected to the university in any way. Not a lawyer, but I doubt he has a viable cause of action against TCU. The cops? That may be a different story.

Actually he has a very good case against TCU. The statement came from TCU.

Goo

It may turn out very few of them were drug dealers. To say someone with a clean record is a "known drug dealer" is wrong. We know for a fact the 4 football players had no criminal record of any kind, so hard to claim they were known drug dealers. Heck, Austin Carpenter was a just a name the agent pulled out of thin air. With this sloppy style and exaggerations, I have serious doubts that any of these guys were dealers. In particular, I am starting to doubt that Brock ever said 60 players will fail test. Once the agen is caught lying and fabricating entire story about Austin Carpenter, his credibility must be called into question.

YA

Very poor judgement on his part to say the things he did. Plus, he looked like he was enjoying his time in the spotlight way too much.

I have to give the Chief a no confidence vote. If I had a vote.
If there are no convictions--some of those folks can and probably will sue TCU. I wouldn't take the case for obvious reasons, but I know of plenty of my colleagues that would.

The TCU chief and the assistant chief need to go!! They are a discredit to TCU and their profession. Ran an operation without telling their employer for 6 months and exaggerated the events that make their employer look bad. It reeks of rogue cops. Plus, I don't like the connections that we are seeing that make the whole episode questionable at best.

G

Ghost of UPub

Carpenter is also from a prominent Dallas family and their attorney is well known and connected out the [Craig James].

I am sure I will get a lecture from some about not trusting the legal system, how the people in charge are really good people, and I agree that if the four players are guilty they should be off the team.

This entire thing was a cluster f*** in how it was handled since yesterday, there are way too many loose ends, and it looks like the admin at TCU followed the same playbook they did in 1985 with the NCAA and that worked out really, really well for us.

Goo

If there are no convictions--some of those folks can and probably will sue TCU. I wouldn't take the case for obvious reasons, but I know of plenty of my colleagues that would.

The TCU chief and the assistant chief need to go!! They are a discredit to TCU and their profession. Ran an operation without telling their employer for 6 months and exaggerated the events that make their employer look bad. It reeks of rogue cops. Plus, I don't like the connections that we are seeing that make the whole episode questionable at best.
Wow. They did this 6 month on-campus sting without ever telling TCU. Can you give source?

If so, I can just imagine those idiot campus security guards thinking they were Crocket & Tubbs working with Real Police Vice Squad. No longer dealing with parking tickets and noice violation, now they are VICE! Idiots were waaaay off reservation.

TCU Chief McGee daydreaming at his desk for the last 8 months...

variouspics0416br.jpg

miami-vice-boats-stinger-1.jpg

YA

Wow. They did this 6 month on-campus sting without ever telling TCU. Can you give source?

That is TCU police not telling the adminstration, which it is his job to notify his supervisor, ie the Chancellor, to know what is going on his campus. We have two rogue cops at TCU, the chief and the assistant chief.

From the wfaa.com story "I was not aware during the six months," he [Boschini] told reporters at a news conference. "I was made aware they were doing an investigation maybe about eight days ago... eight or 10 days, maybe."

Lone Frog

Actually he has a very good case against TCU. The statement came from TCU.

He'd have to show he was done serious or irreparable harm by the statements of an official from a small university to which he has no connection. I'm not saying he couldn't bring a case, just that it would be hard to successfully argue (particularly against the band of lawyers TCU would certainly bring to bear). He has a much better shot going after the police department and the officer who mistakenly identified him as someone else. If he's going to sue someone, I would hope that's the way he goes - at least in part because I don't to see my school get sued.

Goo

If he's going to sue someone, I would hope that's the way he goes - at least in part because I don't to see my school get sued.

Those defamation lawsuits can be costly to school. ESD (in Dallas)lost a $9.2 million law suit after a teacher had sex with student and school was caught in number of issues. Coincidentally, tuition at the school went up 15% this year. If 500 student school gets a $9.2 million lawsuit (plus huge legal fees) that is easily over $20,000 per student.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2011/05/lawsuit_over_student_teacher_r.php

pcf

He'd have to show he was done serious or irreparable harm by the statements of an official from a small university to which he has no connection.

Small university on national TV? I'm be mad as heck if anyone identified me on national TV as a proven drug dealer.

Funny how people want to hand out free oops cards. Let them call YOU that on TV.

HFrog1999

He'd have to show he was done serious or irreparable harm by the statements of an official from a small university to which he has no connection.
So now we're just a small university. This story is on the front page of MSN and calls TCU a football powerhouse. The way this was handled made this one of the top stories in the entire country. We may be required to spot Tech a touchdown this season after this.