• The KillerFrogs

The Woodlands Villager: TCU signee Luken Baker isn't going to see a lot of good pitches

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Woodlands Villager: TCU signee Luken Baker isn't going to see a lot of good pitches

By Keith MacPherson

Luken Baker isn’t going to see a lot of good pitches.

The decorated Oak Ridge power hitter often has a game plan specifically designed around limiting the damage he can do at the plate.

“I don’t get to see a lot of pitches that I can hit,” Baker said. “So when I get one, I try to do what I can with it.”

Baker saw one he liked and unloaded for his third leadoff home run in District 16-6A play to set the tone early as the War Eagles crushed Conroe 9-0 at Ferrell Park at Elmore Field in Conroe on Tuesday.

Baker’s home run was just part of a dazzling performance by the TCU signee. He also pitched a complete game one-hitter, allowing an infield single with two outs in the sixth inning.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/woodlands/sports/baseball-baker-oak-ridge-top-conroe/article_14b7f632-e323-11e4-94e1-cf675878ae0f.html

tcudoc

$_35.JPG

Luken Baker-Everybody will be feelin' his pain.

tcudoc said:
$_35.JPG

Luken Baker-Everybody will be feelin' his pain.

In the last two weeks I've had several people ask if I named my son after Luckenbach.  I've had several others ask if it was because of Luke from Modern Family.  Another asked if it was after Cool Hand Luke.  No, people...after Luke...writer of a few chapters of a well-known book...google it.

MICAH CHAMBERS

PhormerPhrog said:

It's actually not as bad as Bryden, Kaisen, Jayden, Kennadee, Kyleigh and all other kinds syllables parents like to cram together.

My Nephew's Little League Team Did a Thing at a Minor League Game Where They Got to Run Out on the Field When The Home Team's Lineup Was Being Announced and Have Their Name Announced Too...

Some Names on my Nephew's Little League Team:

Bonson
Ethanie & Evanie (Twins)
Hayedyn
Ryelee
Taiber

It's Like Parents Name Their Kids These Cute Baby Names Not Realizing That They Will Grow Up

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
PhormerPhrog said:

It's actually not as bad as Bryden, Kaisen, Jayden, Kennadee, Kyleigh and all other kinds syllables parents like to cram together.
Damn..I thought Wes was bad enough.  If my parents had named me something like Taber, I would have yanked the ejection cord and left.

Purp

PhormerPhrog said:

Maecyn still gets me. Pour gurl.

Young and Horned

PhormerPhrog said:

In the last two weeks I've had several people ask if I named my son after Luckenbach.  I've had several others ask if it was because of Luke from Modern Family.  Another asked if it was after Cool Hand Luke.  No, people...after Luke...writer of a few chapters of a well-known book...google it.

There have been several people who have asked my brother if they named their daughter after Siri from iPhone. She is 19 years old  :wacko:

leofrog

Moose Stuff said:
Getting this back on track...... Decent chance IMO.
Schloss said this week that if he does make it to campus, that he has the potential to be our Friday night starter and our clean-up hitter.

masterfrog

Micah Chambers said:

My Nephew's Little League Team Did a Thing at a Minor League Game Where They Got to Run Out on the Field When The Home Team's Lineup Was Being Announced and Have Their Name Announced Too...

Some Names on my Nephew's Little League Team:

Bonson
Ethanie & Evanie (Twins)
Hayedyn
Ryelee
Taiber
It's Like Parents Name Their Kids These Cute Baby Names Not Realizing That They Will Grow Up
I assume this league is co-ed (at least I hope so) and I am guessing it breaks down to 4 boys and 2 girls on that list, but I could also see a 3-3 split.

Pharm Frog

leofrog said:
Schloss said this week that if he does make it to campus, that he has the potential to be our Friday night starter and our clean-up hitter.
Seen him play several times. i do not doubt this. But, my feeling is that we don't see him here. Felt like that since watching him in the Sunbelt Series.

Moose Stuff

Pharm Frog said:
Seen him play several times. i do not doubt this. But, my feeling is that we don't see him here. Felt like that since watching him in the Sunbelt Series.
Gonna depend on how much money he asks for.  Where he fits in the draft and how much money he demands have a decent chance to not mesh real well.  I'd go 50/50.  Pure speculation for now.