• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: College Football Analysts Predict Michigan vs. TCU Score

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

College Football Analysts Predict Michigan vs. TCU Score​

Story by Tzvi Machlin

Prior to Championship Weekend, Michigan and TCU were a combined 24-0 with multiple wins over ranked opponents. But with TCU losing the Big 12 Championship to Kansas State, analysts are less confident in the Horned Frogs' chances in the College Football Playoff.

For 247Sports college football analysts Brad Crawford and Chris Hummer, Michigan are not only going to win, but cover the spread. In a joint feature, the two analysts both predicted double-digit wins for the Wolverines in the Fiesta Bowl.

Hummer believes that Michigan's defense will shut down TCU's run game while the TCU's defense isn't built to handle the Michigan offense:

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...A15hLG6?cvid=bc7618e8552844c884d569815f6577c0

HFrog1999

College Football Analysts Predict Michigan vs. TCU Score​

Story by Tzvi Machlin

Prior to Championship Weekend, Michigan and TCU were a combined 24-0 with multiple wins over ranked opponents. But with TCU losing the Big 12 Championship to Kansas State, analysts are less confident in the Horned Frogs' chances in the College Football Playoff.

For 247Sports college football analysts Brad Crawford and Chris Hummer, Michigan are not only going to win, but cover the spread. In a joint feature, the two analysts both predicted double-digit wins for the Wolverines in the Fiesta Bowl.

Hummer believes that Michigan's defense will shut down TCU's run game while the TCU's defense isn't built to handle the Michigan offense:

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...A15hLG6?cvid=bc7618e8552844c884d569815f6577c0

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF

Planks

Yeah heard it all before. There is no chance TCU can beat Wisconsin, I mean Michigan.

Except TCU was favored against Wisconsin.

This will be a tougher game. Michigan is a better team than that Wisconsin team was. Michigan is similar to that Wisconsin team at the line of scrimmage, but much more dynamic and athletic everywhere else. Also they have better coaching than Wisconsin and experience in the playoffs.

Planks

TCU faced a similar challenge vs Texas, slowing down a powerful running game. The Frogs stepped up big time in Austin, I don’t expect that they will get run over by Michigan.

I don’t think this is a great comparison, Texas’ O line is very young and no where near as good as Michigan’s O line. Though Bijan Robinson is better than any back Michigan has.

JJ McCarthy is also better than Quinn Ewers. He tore Ohio State up when they sold out to stop Michigan’s run game, so we will have to play balanced on defense in a way we probably didn’t need to against Texas.

This Michigan team is the best team TCU has faced in decades. Yes, the best team we have faced in decades. TCU can win this game, but it will be because we play a great game overall in which our offensive and defensive lines play the best they have all season.

Bizarro Frog

I could be way off but I am not buying that we can’t stop the run. The difference in this game is going to be the Frogs face a dynamic offense full of playmakers almost every week in the BIG 12. Michigan faces that 1 to 2 times a year. We also have speed on defense most of the BIG TEN teams don’t have. Teams like Ohio St and Michigan make a living on busted and chunk plays that are home runs in the BIG TEN because of the lack speed from their opponents.

helcap

Heard more than one analyst when asked to compare Michigan's running game to someone we have played answer Baylor. We were befuddled that game with their misdirection, counters, etc. Hopefully we learned something

texasrobster1997

I don’t think this is a great comparison, Texas’ O line is very young and no where near as good as Michigan’s O line. Though Bijan Robinson is better than any back Michigan has.

JJ McCarthy is also better than Quinn Ewers. He tore Ohio State up when they sold out to stop Michigan’s run game, so we will have to play balanced on defense in a way we probably didn’t need to against Texas.

This Michigan team is the best team TCU has faced in decades. Yes, the best team we have faced in decades. TCU can win this game, but it will be because we play a great game overall in which our offensive and defensive lines play the best they have all season.
Decades? Not sure how you came to this conclusion. They are a really good team, but also struggled at times with average teams. We played some pretty good team in conference, let alone bowl games. I don’t look at their schedule and shudder. That being said I am less confident with this team winning than I was in 2010 and 2014.

Planks

Decades? Not sure how you came to this conclusion. They are a really good team, but also struggled at times with average teams. We played some pretty good team in conference, let alone bowl games. I don’t look at their schedule and shudder. That being said I am less confident with this team winning than I was in 2010 and 2014.

I would feel really good if we had the 2014 team going into this game. They were playing so well at year end, I don’t think anyone was beating them in a bowl game.

Also, I think the 2010 and 2014 teams were much better at the line of scrimmage than this 2022 team is. I have big questions as to whether our team this year is playoff caliber along the offensive and defensive lines.

texasrobster1997

I would feel really good if we had the 2014 team going into this game. They were playing so well at year end, I don’t think anyone was beating them in a bowl game.

Also, I think the 2010 and 2014 teams were much better at the line of scrimmage than this 2022 team is. I have big questions as to whether our team this year is playoff caliber along the offensive and defensive lines.
Definitely agree that this match up is much less favorable than previous BCS bowls, but that is more about us than Michigan IMO.

4 Oaks Frog

Yeah heard it all before. There is no chance TCU can beat Wisconsin, I mean Michigan.
Except TCU was favored against Wisconsin.

This will be a tougher game. Michigan is a better team than that Wisconsin team was. Michigan is similar to that Wisconsin team at the line of scrimmage, but much more dynamic and athletic everywhere else. Also they have better coaching than Wisconsin and experience in the playoffs.
^^^“Michigan is better than that Wisconsin team was.”
Guess what. TCU is a better team than that TCU team was.
GO FROGS!
BEAT um!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] baylor!!

Eight

decadeS?

WestSideBlue

Decades? I'm no TCU historian, but that seems unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a very good Michigan team. Better than last year's squad that lost to Georgia in the semis, probably the best team under Harbaugh. The offensive line is truly excellent, both in run and pass blocking, the run scheme is well designed and will present challenges to a team like TCU that hasn't seen a lot of Harbaugh's weird wrinkles that mess with run fits. Donovan Edwards is a rising star at RB, who can both run between tackles and hit the home run (as you saw at Ohio State and Penn State). But on the offense, (1) the 1-2 punch of Blake Corum and Edwards was really tough, but now it's a 1 . . . 1 punch, (2) probably Edwards' biggest differentiating factor is that he is a *great* receiving running back, truly elite . . . but he has a broken thumb and cast on his hand, and reports are that won't go away until he has off-season surgery, and (3) our wide receivers are solid and deep but there really aren't any elite Day 1 talents in that group. Honestly, I would be more worried about our two TEs if I were TCU.

And on defense, we are very sound and deep. Good players at every position, well coached and disciplined. But not a ton of super elite individual talent like Aiden Hutchinson was last year. Cornerback Will Johnson is probably the most talented, and he could get there someday, but he's still a freshman. And our special teams play has been excellent all year, for the last two years (same guys). Kicker won the Groza last year and was runner up this year. Punter is excellent when healthy, which he should be again by the time we play.

So overall a really good team, but certainly not unbeatable. If you guys play your best and we don't, we will lose. Simple as that.