• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: College Football Analysts Predict Michigan vs. TCU Score

Double D

Tier 1
My biggest concern is the turf at that stadium in Glendale. Did you see the Cardinals game the other day? Kyler Murray went down untouched and blew his knee out. Several players left the game with leg injuries. Not sure what the deal is but that turf there is not good.
GO FROGS!

Eight

Decades? I'm no TCU historian, but that seems unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a very good Michigan team. Better than last year's squad that lost to Georgia in the semis, probably the best team under Harbaugh. The offensive line is truly excellent, both in run and pass blocking, the run scheme is well designed and will present challenges to a team like TCU that hasn't seen a lot of Harbaugh's weird wrinkles that mess with run fits. Donovan Edwards is a rising star at RB, who can both run between tackles and hit the home run (as you saw at Ohio State and Penn State). But on the offense, (1) the 1-2 punch of Blake Corum and Edwards was really tough, but now it's a 1 . . . 1 punch, (2) probably Edwards' biggest differentiating factor is that he is a *great* receiving running back, truly elite . . . but he has a broken thumb and cast on his hand, and reports are that won't go away until he has off-season surgery, and (3) our wide receivers are solid and deep but there really aren't any elite Day 1 talents in that group. Honestly, I would be more worried about our two TEs if I were TCU.

And on defense, we are very sound and deep. Good players at every position, well coached and disciplined. But not a ton of super elite individual talent like Aiden Hutchinson was last year. Cornerback Will Johnson is probably the most talented, and he could get there someday, but he's still a freshman. And our special teams play has been excellent all year, for the last two years (same guys). Kicker won the Groza last year and was runner up this year. Punter is excellent when healthy, which he should be again by the time we play.

So overall a really good team, but certainly not unbeatable. If you guys play your best and we don't, we will lose. Simple as that.

do any michigan fans post a reply of less than 500 words?

Putt4Purple

My biggest concern is the turf at that stadium in Glendale. Did you see the Cardinals game the other day? Kyler Murray went down untouched and blew his knee out. Several players left the game with leg injuries. Not sure what the deal is but that turf there is not good.
GO FROGS!
I have not seen. Please enlighten us. Is the turf soft and wet? If so not difficult to solve. Stop watering.

Double D

Tier 1
It's a grass field that is on a big platter that slides out to get sun. Not sure what the deal is but there were 2 or 3 serious leg or knee injuries the other night including Kyler Murray.

I have not seen. Please enlighten us. Is the turf soft and wet? If so not difficult to solve. Stop watering.

Planks

GO FROGS!

The field probably works in our favor. The stadium has a natural grass field, and Michigan is used to playing on turf.

Eight

It's a grass field that is on a big platter that slides out to get sun. Not sure what the deal is but there were 2 or 3 serious leg or knee injuries the other night including Kyler Murray.

have any of these grass fields in an indoor stadium really worked out?

texans ditched their grass field because of player complaints and safety concerns

Eight

Good point. A question for those who know. How many times has Michigan played on natural grass this season?

if they practice on grass the transition to grass as a game day surface is not exactly a profound change on par with if it snowed as some want to make it seem so

JogginFrog

Except TCU was favored against Wisconsin.

This will be a tougher game. Michigan is a better team than that Wisconsin team was. Michigan is similar to that Wisconsin team at the line of scrimmage, but much more dynamic and athletic everywhere else. Also they have better coaching than Wisconsin and experience in the playoffs.
Vegas and the stats see this matchup as being tougher for the Frogs. Fair enough.

These Wolverines were 2 points better than a Bert Bielema-coached team. TCU fans also remember being 2 points better than a Bielema-coached team--one more talented than 2022 Illinois, with a future 3-time NFL defensive player of the year.

Frogs won't be scared. Line 'em up and play.

Make CFB Great Again

Ticket Exchange Pass
Twice. At Iowa and at Ohio State.

?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2022/11/17/ohio-state-football-stadium-slit-film-turf-nflpa-wants-ban/10718576002/#:~:text=Ohio%20Stadium's%20turf%20was%20replaced,consistently%20play%20in%20peak%20conditions.%E2%80%9D

The internet says the only Big 10 schools with natural grass are Michigan St, Penn St, Northwestern, and Purdue.

Horny4TCU

How does this Michigan team compare to 2018 Ohio State? That's what I wanna know.

I like how TCU fares against the big 10 schools. If it weren't for Robinson the turnover machine, I still think we beat tOSU in 2018.

And that 2018 TCU team was not as good at the current version.

Eight

How does this Michigan team compare to 2018 Ohio State? That's what I wanna know.

I like how TCU fares against the big 10 schools. If it weren't for Robinson the turnover machine, I still think we beat tOSU in 2018.

And that 2018 TCU team was not as good at the current version.

planks has already established this michigan team is the best team has faced in DECADES so there is your answer

the only question is to we go back 4 decades to the uga team with herschel walker or 9 decades to that smu team that beat tcu in the 1930's