• The KillerFrogs

The NCAA has officially recognized UCF's 2017 National Championship

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I don't see why we wouldn't qualify. I don't know what the Colley rankings are, but I would think we certainly could find something that obscure that called us either co or solo NCs that year, can't we?
Colley #2. Basically I doubt we can. Auburn was 14-0, we were 13-0.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
No no. Yeah we never got a chance. A shame. I think we could've beaten that Auburn team. But we'll never know.
I KNOW we could have beaten either of the NC game participants. We also could have lost to either. But I'd put it at an even chance.

Colley poll be damned, I see it this way - both those teams went undefeated and won a big "BCS" game with a good opponent. Neither got the opportunity to actually play for it. If they deserve one, we do. If they don't, we don't.

ShreveFrog

@satis -- OK, well, difference is Colley ranked us #2 apparently.

I suppose you can take UCF's bowl over Auburn -- which beat both Bama and UGA -- to complete a perfect season and rank them ahead of Bama. I don't buy it. But the NCAA does I guess. So good for UCF.

Last edited:
I KNOW we could have beaten either of the NC game participants. We also could have lost to either. But I'd put it at an even chance.

Colley poll be damned, I see it this way - both those teams went undefeated and won a big "BCS" game with a good opponent. Neither got the opportunity to actually play for it. If they deserve one, we do. If they don't, we don't.

How about the fact Scam Newton should have been ineligible?

Froginbedford

I don't see why we wouldn't qualify. I don't know what the Colley rankings are, but I would think we certainly could find something that obscure that called us either co or solo NCs that year, can't we?

IIRC, voters were instructed (bullied, maybe) by whoever believed he/she/they were in charge of the NC determination, to vote only for the winner of whichever bowl it was that the #1 team (Auburn?) won....So, I'm thinking there may be no evidence of a poll which shows TCU as the top team.....

CountryFrog

IIRC, voters were instructed (bullied, maybe) by whoever believed he/she/they were in charge of the NC determination, to vote only for the winner of whichever bowl it was that the #1 team (Auburn?) won....So, I'm thinking there may be no evidence of a poll which shows TCU as the top team.....
The coaches poll voters were instructed to vote for the winner of the BCS championship game. No other polls were under any obligation to follow along with the BCS "champion."

Zubaz

Didn’t Auburn later get caught playing with ineligible players in that game?
ongoing-investigation.gif