• The KillerFrogs

The Athletic: TCU QB Max Duggan, RB Zach Evans 'questionable' this week at No. 4 Oklahoma

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU QB Max Duggan, RB Zach Evans 'questionable' this week at No. 4 Oklahoma​

By The Athletic College Football Staff
KOSx2yiCfmnW_KOSx2yiCfmnW_M2LMrKr04qb3_original_1440x960.jpg

TCU faces a tall task this week on the road at No. 4 Oklahoma and it may be doing so without some key starters on offense.

Coach Gary Patterson said Tuesday that quarterback Max Duggan and running back Zach Evans were both "questionable" for Saturday's game against the Sooners due to injury.

"I’d probably say both Zach and Max are both questionable whether they‘ll play" Patterson said. "We’ll see. It’s only Tuesday.”

Read more at https://theathletic.co.uk/news/tcu-...able-this-week-at-no-4-oklahoma/KOSx2yiCfmnW/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I didn't know anything happened to Max. I figured Downing went in just to get a few snaps and run the clock out. Next to Gunn, Max is one of the toughest QBs in my lifetime. I might put Stamp in there too just because he got brutalized behind those OLs. I doubt anyone will be able to keep Max off the field if he is "questionable." I doubt there is much of a question.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I didn't know anything happened to Max. I figured Downing went in just to get a few snaps and run the clock out. Next to Gunn, Max is one of the toughest QBs in my lifetime. I might put Stamp in there too just because he got brutalized behind those OLs. I doubt anyone will be able to keep Max off the field if he is "questionable." I doubt there is much of a question.
In his post game remarks GP mentioned a foot injury for Duggan

Last edited:

SuperTFrog

Wait, Max is third in the league in passer rating? I have it on good faith from several posters that he's the worst QB in TCU history.
I don’t know what the stat “passing efficiency” means, but Max is the #12 P5 QB in the country in that stat and #21 overall.

If you would have told me before the season that through 5 games, Max would have a completion percentage of 65%, 9TD’s and 2 INT’s, I would have said we were likely undefeated and ranked in the top 10.

His QB rating has gone from 113 to 135 to 159 in the last three years. His completion percentage has gone from 53 to 61 to 65 in the last three years. His TD to INT ratio has gone from 1.5 to 2.5 to 4.5 in the last three years.

He is not the scapegoat that people try to make him out to be. I can’t tell you how many people this week have said to me “I really hope Zach plays. I don’t think it matters if Max does” or something like that. It’s crazy.